Chapter 3

Alexa, play Excalibur by Kingdom.

Chapter 3: Admiral Kim Seokjin of the Farlune Army

~

Chimmy trots along the stone swirl designed pavement, signaling the road to the Empire castle of Northern Farlune. There are ten unmoving soldiers in total in front of the gates, lined up like bowling pins. Then on top of the wall that matches the pavement, there are more soldiers marching about while occasionally checking over the walls for any sign of trouble. The soldiers guarding the gate seem docile when the trio approaches, but the leader leans and squints before jumping to a fighting stance.

"Halt! Barbarians!" He shouts as his companions follow his movement.

Jimin had Chimmy slow to a stop once he sees archers aim at them from the top. Azeira growls lowly and grips Jimin's furry clothing, he unconsciously places his hand over hers, feeling the tension loosen. "We mean you no harm, we are friends of Admiral Kim Seokjin!" Jimin shouts but the leader snickers. "What's your name? I doubt our Admiral would be friends with lowlives like you." Jimin's jaw tenses as his eyelids glower at the man, but as soon as the feeling comes he closes his eyes and takes a deep breath. He must not get angry. Ever.

Azeira on the other hand had opposite plans. "Who the fuck are ya snobby bastards squakin' at like pipsqueaks on a stick?!" She almost gets off the horse but Jimin reaches back and grips her waist. "Park Jimin!" He shouts. "That's my name." He watches as one of the guards come up and whispers something to the leader's ear who nods in return. "Your name is approved by Admiral Kim Seokjin, you are allowed inside when he comes to greet you." Jimin smiles and goes to get off Chimmy but the soldiers go back into a defensive stance at the movement. "However, you still have yet to identify the female Barbarian." He glares at Azeira who does the same.

"Her name is Azeira, she's my..." Jimin hesitates, looking back at the woman who eyes him with a raise of a brow. He turns back. "My woman!" Azeira whips her head to stare at the back of his head before reaching in his shirt and twisting his skin, Jimin winces but still displays a smile for the soldiers. "The hell are you sayin'?!" She whispers harshly near his ear but he just smoothed his hand down to her thigh and grips it. "I came to tell my dear ole friend the great news! I ask of you to refer to her respectfully, I send my kind regards." The men glance around at each other then nod.

The leader then looks up to one of the onlooking soldiers. "Inform Admiral Kim Seokjin of Park Jimin's arrival!" The soldier bows then heads off. Jimin lets out a soft breath that he's been holding then rubs the skin that Azeira pinched. "Ow." He simply says then gives her a pointed look over his shoulder but she just shrugs innocently. "Could've told me your plan, I thought you were turning me in for an arranged marriage." Jimin laughs then hops off Chimmy. "You gotta have some more trust in me because that...is ridiculous." He giggles as he reaches his hands out to help Azeira down.

Once on the pavement they go over to sit under the shade of a tree, Jimin holding on to Chimmy's reigns to guide him over. They sit fairly close to one another which brings back the tension from the restaurant. Azeira glides her hand over Jimin's arm, tracing the tattoos with her fingers. "They seem so familiar yet cultural at the same time." Her eyes gloss over each individual detail. Jimin gently caresses her hand, "They're beautiful, right?" And to that she nods, agreeing that the intricate flow of the lines were indeed beautiful. Jimin takes her hand in his and touches the tattoos on her hand.

"Yours are beautiful too." He looks at her and smiles, she returns a smaller one.

"They're barbaric though," She looks down at the lines, each individual one meaning something related to violence. However Jimin just shrugs, dismissing the meaning behind them. "They're still lovely, and they remind you of who you became." Azeira looks at him with surprise, wondering why he's speaking so deeply. "It reminds you of home." He softly smiles and she mirrors it.