My Rose🌷Midas

After many days of searching, I finally found you. In that bush of red roses, you stood out like a pink flamingo in a red flamboyance*. Swaying elegantly in the breeze, your unfurled petals were like a tutu* as you danced gracefully. It was love at first sight.

I could see you! I could feel you! Like a part of my soul that was once lost lived within you. I wanted you to be mine, I wanted to be yours, I wanted to be us. Just us! In this world, only we would exist. You were the only emotion I felt, the only sensation I craved, and the only breath I needed.

The flesh of my flesh and soul of my soul. Together we could have created a garden of love, filled with your heavenly fragrance. The roots of our affection would have grown deep within our fertile soil, and we would have borne fruits of passion.

But alas, My Rose🌷, you had other plans. When I grabbed your peduncle*, you pierced my hands with your thorns, drawing blood like a thirsty vampire. I did not let go. I was willing to endure the sting of your thorns, for the chance to hold you close. So I managed to take you, despite the pain.

But you knew, didn’t you? You knew I could never resist the allure of your soft petals. And so, I stroked them, feeling their velvety texture beneath my fingertips. But as I stroked, my blood dripped on you, turning your petals from pink to crimson. This is what you wanted!

You wanted to be like them. You were the only pink rose among them. They judged you all your life, they discriminated against you because you were different. But now, with my blood staining your petals, you were no longer the outlier. You became just like them, blending in with the rest of the red roses.

I didn’t mind, even as your color changed. For your beauty was not just in your outward appearance. 𝘽𝙪𝙩 𝙢𝙮 𝙗𝙡𝙤𝙤𝙙 𝙠𝙞𝙡𝙡𝙚𝙙 𝙮𝙤𝙪! It dried on your petals and made you wither. I wanted to love you, but instead, I killed you with a single touch.

It’s their fault! Those damn red roses that made you feel insecure, that ostracized and traumatized you! 𝙏𝙝𝙚𝙮 𝙙𝙞𝙙 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨!! I am going to burn that bush, to burn them all alive, to make them feel your pain, to make them all 𝙨𝙪𝙛𝙛𝙚𝙧 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙙𝙞𝙚!!!!!

But that won’t bring you back to me, right? Why did you do it?
Why did you sacrifice your uniqueness for normality?
Why did you sacrifice our love for acceptance?
Why did you sacrifice your life for them?