chapter four

no thoughts, just hee-heed my way through this chapter,, i hope yous like it (pls like it i tried my best)

-

As they continued driving, they came to view with the glistening water that reflected the light of the sun placed on the other side of the road. Meerab loved the beach, it was her comfort place, she'd flee there every time there was a minor inconvenience tearing her down. The sound of the waves swaying with each other as if they were dancing to a song, the playfulness of the seagulls under the blazing sun was an utopia of its own.

From the corner of his eyes, Murtasim noticed how her big doe eyes began to sparkle more than usual, her pupils dilated like a child seeing ice cream for the first time. Her amusement and curiosity was what pulled Murtasim even closer to her, like he wanted to hide her from the whole world and keep her for himself.

"I looked around the internet searching for places we could go but all of them seemed too generic and cliche. In the end, I came across the things we could do near the ocean and here we are, going to sail on a yacht." His eyes were on the road, now covered with a pair of brown shades making his side profile devastatingly ravishing.

Meerab's mouth made a little 'o' in awe of his excessive thought, she could imagine how adorable he would've looked with furrowed eyebrows while surfing the internet trying to find somewhere to go.

"You know, I've always wanted to go sailing in the ocean, but never got the chance to, I think it's a sign from the universe, bringing us together so we can experience new things." She giggled through her words. The universe was really planning it all along, whatever she was manifesting came across through him.

Soon after they parked the car, they set for the yacht ready to depart for their sail, the yacht company was owned by a short stubby man, a bit like a dwarf actually although his temperament was a bit over the top compared to his height. The man introduced himself as Ali as he showed them the way to their yacht, never having been on one Meerab didn't really know what to expect. But upon their arrival to the yacht, to say Meerab was blown away was the very least, how had Murtasim managed to arrange all this in such a short amount of time? The yacht carried a few helpers, a pilot and she could already spot a little picnic basket placed near the front.

"No way you actually did this!?, Murtasim Khan, you never cease to amaze me." Her voice contained a hint of glee and astonishment, never in a million years she would've expected to be treated so well on a first date.

"Well, they say the first impression is the last one, and don't worry there's many more dates for you to be impressed by, my love." He placed a hand out from her to hold while getting on the boat. Meerab was a blushing mess, how had he just called her my love so casually, so stubbly it almost hurt.

"Very sly, Khan Saab", Meerab's hand slowly melted into his, trying to maintain her burning cheeks and the quiver from her speech while Murtasim smiled coyly almost as if he knew what effect he had on her.

The yacht slowly drifted on top of the water but still managed to catch enough wind to cause Meerab's hair and dupatta to fly all over the place. Meerab wasn't having it though, she hastily tried to gather her and the dupatta at the same time to stop herself looking like a mess, that too, in front of Murtasim. As her hands were rapidly brushing through her hair they paused when Murtasim came in contact with them, his fingertips brushing slowly against the tip of the ear, where her helix ring was. But they didn't stop there, his fingertips steadily traced the helix ring while pushing the hair from her face behind her ear, what a sight it was. Each contact his fingertip made with her skin caused Meerab to shiver; it was an electrifying yet euphoric feeling, every touch leaving Meerab more and more restless.

Murtasim Shahnawaaz Khan had never acted so impulsively before, nor had he ever been so down bad for someone, He had always imagined his life to revolve around his duties as gaddi nasheen, marry a woman his mother liked, produce an heir and return to Allah. He for a fact never thought it would turn out like this, on a yacht with the girl he was to marry, the girl he had fallen for, so deeply, so truly. Fate was such a funny thing to him, he had known her all his life, he had seen her every summer for the past twenty-three years never knowing she was the one he was going to love for the rest of his days. Now she stood there, in front of him, looking so ethereal in the glistening rays of the sun while the wind collided with her hair ever so calculatedly, was she even real? His eyes glanced from her breathtaking eyes to her deliciously juicy lips, and just remained there, never wanting to tear away from them.

"May I?" His voice seemed so small, hardly being heard if anyone was around yet so full of passion and warmth.

Meerab's body worked for itself nowadays it seemed, her feet tiptoed while her hands unclasped from her dupatta making their way around his neck as she gently placed her lips on his.

Instinctively, Murtasim's lips knew just what to do, they pushed against hers, ever so passionately kissing them, urgently wanting to have a taste of her strawberry lip gloss while his hands found her back caressing it slowly.

It was like the game of tug and war, their lips pressing against each other each time they sensed a loss of touch until finally they couldn't hold their breath anymore. As they broke apart the kiss steadily, Meerab found herself closely embraced in Murtasim's arms which had locked her in by the waist while her own hands placed on his solid biceps, pressing against each other leaving no room even for air to pass through. Their faces showed an enchanting glow, eyes watering and sparkling, while they tried to recollect their breath. Is this what heaven felt like?

The sun had begun to disappear into the ocean by the time the yacht reached the dock showing a flustered Murtasim and Meerab walking down it hand in hand. Only they knew how many times they had kissed after that spontaneous act by Meerab.

As they made their way back to the car, Murtasim decided it was the right time to finally ask her, something he had wanted to do ever since they were on the boat.

"When do you want to make it official?"