Falling For You

Seungcheol wouldn't call himself perfect. Or anything close to it. In his own eyes, he was a mess. Since young, his parents had given him 'lessons', if the scars scattering his back were any evidence of it. His parents were the wealthy founders of a huge multinational company, and having a child so soon was never part of their plan. After Seungcheol was born, they directed all the hate and the reasons for their failed negotiations, business deals all towards the poor clueless child. Saying he was a 'distraction', a 'weakness' in their lives. They let Seungcheol spend almost the entirety of his childhood at daycares, not bothering if he had eaten or slept well. Leaving the young Seungcheol to fend for himself since a very young age.

Seungcheol had felt ashamed, always isolating himself from the other kids because his body was 'weak' and he could not blend in. He blamed it on himself, because he believed that what his parents said about him were true, that he was useless, that he was a mistake.

It was not until high school that he had finally decided to step out of his own shell, his own comfort zone, to mingle with the other students. And that's how he found Wonwoo, Soonyoung and Mingyu. They helped Seungcheol adapt to high school life, and were Seungcheol's first ever real friends. That was when he finally understood the meaning of the quote, 'friends are the siblings god never gave us'.

The very moment Seungcheol turned eighteen, his parents bought him a house far away from theirs and cut all connections they had with him. Only leaving him with a suitcase and a bank account filled with money to ensure Seungcheol would never return asking for more. Seungcheol would be a fool to not see that coming. He remembers dragging his suitcase stuffed with worn out pieces of clothing out the main gate and taking a bus all the way to Seoul without even saying goodbye to his best friends.

Luckily for him, his friends had also wanted to pursue their dreams in Seoul, and the rest was history. Though it did take some time to get rid of his Daegu accent, Seungcheol thinks he's spent one of the best years of his life, free from his parents.

That was until Yoon Jeonghan came into his life. The most beautiful and the most adorable boy he's ever met. With his blond hair, sparkling eyes, and the sweetest voice, Seungcheol knew from the moment he laid his eyes upon the boy that he would fall, hard.

----

"Cheollieee"

Yes, it's been two weeks and Jeonghan has familiarised himself with the nickname already. Seungcheol turns around to face the owner of the gentle voice.

"Hmm?"

"I said I'd plan the next date remember?" Jeonghan asks with both his hands behind his back, pacing around Seungcheol in excitement.

"Yes you did." Seungcheol looks back at him with adoring eyes.

"Play basketball with me."

That's how Seungcheol found himself in a basketball court after lecture, taking off his expensive Celine jacket and warming up. He ties his hair into a tiny man bun and he notices Jeonghan's eyes lingering on his tiny sprout on his head.

They're currently with a few of their friends and after a few rounds of the up or down game, Mingyu, Seokmin, Soonyoung and Minghao were on Seungcheol's team, and Seungkwan, Junhui, Chan and Vernon were on Jeonghan's team.

"Let's make a bet! Losing team has to choose someone in their team-" Jun runs to grab a pebble from the floor, "to make this their pet rock."

Everyone breaks out into laughter, Seungkwan almost tumbling over before Vernon catches him. "Deal!" And the game starts.

"Rare to see you without Shua," Seungcheol commented.

"He's on a hiatus," Jeonghan says as he dribbles the ball smoothly around Seungcheol. "Writing an essay." He continues as he swiftly passes the ball over to Seungkwan who makes an easy two-pointer.