Love Sparks and Shared Smiles

Jeonghan wakes up to streaks of sunlight shining through his windows and the smell of delicious pancake batter. He reaches his arms above his head for a good morning stretch, tossing and turning on the mattress. He washes up quickly, and trudges into the kitchen.

"I think it's good now, that's enough maple syrup seokie."

Seokmin's eyebrows were furrowed in concentration, trying to estimate the amount of syrup to add onto a cooked pancake all while Joshua had his arms wrapped around his waist, his chin resting on Seokmin's shoulder.

"Good morning, lovebirds. How's breakfast coming along?" Jeonghan lets out a tired yawn as he sits on the chair in front of the kitchen island table.

"Almost done," Joshua smiles at him, "baby, pass him his plate please?"

Seokmin carefully places his plate before him and Jeonghan eyes the food. The pancakes were stacked above each other, and a slice of butter right on top, oozing maple syrup. Jeonghan digs into his food expectantly, it was Joshua's cooking after all. "Hey dis ish good shtuff-" he says with his mouth stuffed full of pancakes.

"Of course, I cooked it." Joshua says full of pride.

"Hey I played a part too alright?"

"By adding too much maple syrup?"

"It wasn't too much-"

"Oh shut up lovers." Jeonghan decides to cut the two off before they start quarrelling.

Before long, Joshua had finished making the rest of the pancakes, and when they sit around the table to eat, Jeonghan had already finished majority of his plate. They talk about upcoming school projects and assignments they have due, and Jeonghan sighs, resting his chin on his palms, thinking of all the sleepless nights awaiting him. Just then, he feels a buzz coming from his phone. He picks it up and checks the message.

Seungcheol:
Thanks for the date last night, it was amazing.
I look forward to another hangout with you :)

Jeonghan stops chewing as he stares blankly at his phone's screen. Seungcheol. The boy who caused his heart to flutter just at the mere thought of him.

Joshua must have noticed this, "What's wrong?"

Jeonghan blinks back to reality, "Nothing, just Seungcheol."

"Just Seungcheol?" Joshua repeats, the look of disbelief on his face.

"Looks like someone's gotten shot by Cupid's arrowww" Seokmin teases him.

"I think I'm gonna be sick."

----

"Cheol hyung, Seungkwan's busy tomorrow afternoon, we can't add an extra training." Soonyoung reports through the phone.

Seungcheol currently has his head leaning on his knuckles, staring at the schedule sheet for what seems like the millionth time this morning already. He's been trying to organise the official training slots for the football team, as well as attempting to squeeze in some unofficial extra trainings every few days. Although Seungcheol has done this multiple times already, the job proves time and time again that it was always more complicated and tedious than it seems. Seungcheol rubs his temples.

"The only other day would be Tuesday, but you have a schedule on that day don't you?" He sighs.

"I do...but I can reschedule it."

Seungcheol's eyes lit up. "Oh god, thank you so much soonyoung, you've just saved me another hour of torture."

"Anything for you and the team cap!" Soonyoung gleefully says, and Seungcheol is reminded of the reason he loves his team so much.