Still You

"W-what did you say?" Seungcheol stutters, for the first time in many years.

Jeonghan replies in complete sincerity, "I love you, Choi Seungcheol."

Seungcheol looks at Jeonghan, stunned. The moonlight scatters and lands onto the blond's face, and Jeonghan has never looked more angelic, sitting before Seungcheol with their hands interlaced.

"You don't have to say it back," Jeonghan smiles, "I just wanted you to know."

As if sensing the wheels turning in Seungcheol's head, he quickly shushes him with a finger on his lips when he sees him opening his mouth, wanting to say something.

Jeonghan giggles, "Let's go make some food shall we?" He says as he drags a shell-shocked Seungcheol down the stairs.

Turns out, Seungcheol really was a good cook. He was swift in prepping the ingredients, chopping the garlic, slicing the steak as well as making the stew. It was not long before the savoury aroma of a well-cooked steak wafted through the air, and Jeonghan really is impressed.

"Woah, that smells really good," Jeonghan says as he leans over the kitchen island table to get a closer look at Seungcheol cooking. Jeonghan eyes trace Seungcheol's biceps as he carries the metal pot towards the table and then move further down to the veins on his arm even as he simply extends the chopsticks to Jeonghan.

"Hey," He waves his hand in Jeonghan's face, trying to get his attention.

"Oh, right, thank you." Jeonghan shakes out of his fantasies.

"What are you thinking of this time?" He says as he sits down on the stool in front of Jeonghan.

Jeonghan doesn't bother hiding this time. "Do you work out really often?" Seungcheol would know when he's lying anyway.

"I guess, once a day?"

"No wonder you look pretty bulky," Jeonghan uses his chopsticks to outline Seungcheol's figure.

With a lighthearted laugh, Seungcheol taps Jeonghan's bowl, "Eat."

Jeonghan really enjoyed the food. He didn't think he was that hungry before, but once he started eating, he just couldn't stop. At the end, his bowl was fully cleared, and not even a single grain of rice was left.

"That was amazing," Jeonghan rubs his now protruding tummy, "you have to cook more often Cheollie."

"Anything for you," Seungcheol charmingly smiles and says as he brings the dishes back, as if he didn't just make Jeonghan's heart flutter for the nth time in today.

Seungcheol insists on driving Jeonghan back home, since it was rather late in the night already.

"I'll be fineeee,"

"Nope."

"So you're just gonna baby me till forever?"

"Till forever."

That's how Jeonghan ends up on the passenger seat of Seungcheol's car that he's starting to get used to now. Halfway through the drive back, Seungcheol looks over his shoulder to realise Jeonghan has fallen asleep, his neck in an awkward position with the way he's leaning against the window. So Seungcheol shifts his head to a more comfortable position the next time the red light turns on.

Seungcheol lightly taps Jeonghan's thighs when they arrive.

"Hannie? Wake up, we're here."

Jeonghan peels his eyes open, rubbing them as he whines with his sleepy voice, "Let me sleeeep,"

Seungcheol finds himself cooing at the precious boy, "You can sleep all you want at home okay?"

Jeonghan relents.