Not Alone

That Saturday, Seungcheol and Jeonghan decide to meet at The Corner Café Haven just a few blocks away from their campus. This time, Jeonghan does put in a little more effort into styling himself before Joshua starts yapping at him, he does want to look good for Seungcheol. So he turns up at the café at four sharp in ripped jeans and a light brown cardigan tucked in at the front. His eyes search for a familiar figure in the crowded café, before they land on Seungcheol.

Walking over, he straightens his cardigan and brushes his hair a little, his nerves getting to him whenever Seungcheol's around. Seungcheol happens to lift his head then, spotting the nervous blond walking towards him. Jeonghan thinks he sees Seungcheol's eyes sparkle as he does a once-over of him. He walks toward Jeonghan.

"Hey," Seungcheol says as his doe eyes lift to meet Jeonghan's own.

Jeonghan greets him back with a little 'hey', barely above a whisper. Seungcheol being the gentleman he is, pulls out the chair for him before sitting down himself.

"What do you want to order? I haven't ordered yet, was afraid you wouldn't like what I choose." Seungcheol sheepishly avoids eye contact.

Jeonghan smiles, looking into his eyes, "You got it right the first time though."

"I did?"

"The hot chocolate."

Seungcheol's mind races back to the first time he's met the stunning boy, crouched down in the mall. His heart races along.

"Oh, you liked that? Seems I've got good senses then." He jokes.

And hearing Jeonghan's soft laughs, Seungcheol makes a promise to himself to always make the boy before him laugh. God Seungcheol would do anything to hear Jeonghan laugh.

He gets up to make the order, "I'll be back real quick."

Jeonghan nods, eyes following Seungcheol as he makes his way to the counter. He rests his chin on his palms, in awe of Seungcheol's just making an order and losing himself in his fantasies.

"Hey, gorgeous."

Jeonghan jerks away from his hands, attention now on a stranger standing beside him. He looks at him in question, raising his eyebrows.

"You look really handsome, wanna be mine?" The stranger's friends watch in anticipation beside him.

"I'm sorry, what?" Jeonghan asks in disbelief, unintentionally scoffing.

"I've got money, popularity, anything you'd ever want. Sounds good?"

Jeonghan almost gags at the man and his unbelievable confidence. He actually starts laughing, "No, doesn't sound good."

He gives him a charming smile, "I hope your day is as pleasant as you are." He takes out his phone, hoping he gets the idea that Jeonghan wants him to leave.

"Got an attitude? Ha, I like that pretty." The stranger spewed out the words with malicious glee as he steps closer to Jeonghan. He reaches to grip Jeonghan's chin harshly, and Jeonghan bets there's going to be a nasty scratch there later on.

"Don't touch me." Jeonghan smacks his hand away.

"A feisty one huh, you're getting it from me." He raises his hand high, and Jeonghan closes his eyes to brace himself from the impact.

Two seconds later and Jeonghan doesn't feel the stinging pain of a slap in his cheek like he's so used to. He creaks open his eyes and he sees none other than Choi Seungcheol standing before him, his hand holding the stranger's arm in a vice-like grip. Jeonghan looks up at him, and if eyes could kill, he gets the stranger would be dead right now.