Oath

Alastor's eyes flickered open, greeted by a surreal sight that sent a shiver down his spine. The sky above him was a swirling canvas of crimson, streaked with dark tendrils that seemed to writhe and twist with an otherworldly energy. It cast an eerie glow over the landscape, illuminating jagged rock formations that jutted up from the barren earth like the gnarled fingers of some ancient beast.

He struggled to his feet and realized that he was nowhere near the familiar haunts of his grounds. Gone were the dense forests and shadowy alleys he knew so well; in their place stretched a desolate expanse of charred earth and jagged rock. The air was thick with the acrid stench of sulfur, and the distant echoes of unknown souls moaned on the wind.

As he tried to piece together his memories, flashes of the recent events flickered in his mind like fragments of a broken mirror. He recalled the thrill of walking through the dense foliage, the rush of anticipation as he closed in on his target, and the satisfaction of the kill. But then, a loud sound, a sharp pain, a blur. And now he found himself in this strange place, surrounded by unfamiliar sights and sounds.

Confusion gnawed at him as he tried to make sense of his situation. How had he ended up here?

As Alastor took a cautious step forward, the ground beneath him seemed to shift and morph, transforming into the familiar surroundings of an alleyway. But as he glanced around, he felt that something was horribly wrong. The walls seemed to pulse like living things, and the air was thick with an oppressive sense of foreboding.

Before he could make sense of his surroundings, everything shifted again. And now, Alastor found himself standing in a long, sterile corridor, surrounded by a throng of strange and otherworldly people. Some appeared almost human, albeit with unsettling animalistic features, while others boasted horns and tails that marked them as something altogether different.

Confusion and fear hung heavy in the air as the assembled crowd exchanged bewildered glances and murmured questions. Where were they? And how had they come to find themselves in this strange and unsettling place? Alastor felt a chill run down his spine as he realized that he was not alone in his uncertainty and that whatever awaited them in this bizarre realm was beyond anything he had ever experienced.

Not so long after that, a voice echoed through the corridor, drawing everyone's attention as.. an imp? Came forward.

The imp stood on a platform before the crowd, dressed in what appeared to be a tailored suit. His sharp, angular features were accentuated by a pair of gleaming yellow eyes that peered out from beneath a pair of stylish, oversized glasses.

He stepped forward, with a folder clutched in one hand and a dictaphone in the other, wasting no time in addressing the bewildered crowd.

"Alright folks, listen up!" His voice crackled through the device, laced with a mischievous edge. "Y'all are dead now! Welcome to Hell! Congrats, I bet none of you little fellas are surprised, ain't that right? Most of you are here for minor shit like..." He glanced down at his folder with a smirk. "Sex before marriage? Ha! Losers."

A ripple of uneasy confused laughter swept through the crowd as the imp continued, his tone both mocking and matter-of-fact. "But some you are a rare kind of fucked up motherfuckers and have actually done some really fucked up shit. If you're one of those, you'll have to face the big boss of Hell himself, so, when I call your name, you go down those stairs. The rest of you can take the regular exit and enjoy your eternity of misery."

With that, the imp glanced around expectantly, seemingly eager to get on with the grim business at hand. The air buzzed with tension as the assembled souls waited anxiously to hear their fate, unsure of what awaited them beyond those ominous stairs.