Chp 14: Next To Come

Nightfall in Arcadia and it was quiet while the car passes by while throwing newspapers until he immediately stopped for almost hitting a boy revealing that its Toby who's running away. Before the driver notice, something fast passed over the car and leaving traces of fire footsteps.

Driver: What the heck was?

Toby continues to run away from what it seems to be a living fire cat.

Toby: Oh, what are you doing, Tobes? Only an idiot races a creature with four legs.

Toby ran to the alley but the wooden fence was in the way.

Toby: I can do this! Whoa!

Toby make the jump and tries to climb over before the fence fell down. Toby crawl back away from the fire cat until YN arrive with his bike to save Toby.

YN: Hop on!

Toby hops on and grabs another helmet from the seat.

Toby: Go, go, go! Go, go, go!

YN: So long, fire cat!

Before they could leave, the engine of the bike shut off on its own.

Toby: Hey, maybe save the jokes for when we aren't gonna die.

YN: Come on!

YN restarted the engine and step on it to escape. But the fire cats chase after them.

Toby: Go, go, go, go, go!

YN: Hey, dont tell me what to do! You're the one who took that stupid rock to your science class!

Toby: First, it's not a rock. It's volcanic slag. And how was I supposed to know there was a flaming monster hiding in it?

YN: You bought a magic rock off a troll named "Mervin the Monster Dealer." What did you think would happen, Tobes?

Soon they arrive in the alley where they meet the rest of the team. Blinky, Aarg, and Jim.

YN: Blinky, please tell me you guys got it!

Blinky: Of course, Master YN. You've lured the luminaire right into our stratagem.

Aarg: Stra-ta-gem?

Jim: He means "brilliant trap."

Just then, they fire creatures arrived and everyone back away from them.

Jim: What are you waiting for? Throw it!

Blinky: Um, Master Jim, you said this was a luminaire, when that is obviously an infernal hellheeti.

The hellheeti approaches them while the human grab and start throwing trash at it.

Aarg: Should I punch it?

Toby: Yeah, let him unleash the fury!

Blinky: Not yet, Aarg!

Jim: It came from a rock! How many four-legged flaming creatures come out of rocks?

Blinky: As a matter of fact, 11. Thirteen, if you consider-

Aarg: Can I punch it?

Trio: Yes!

Blinky: No!

Aarg punches it as it fell in the trash bin. But that didn't made anything better as it split into 3.

Blinky: I was going to add, "Make sure you do not feed the fire by attacking it!"

Aarg: Oops.

Toby: Oh, my gosh. Oh, my gosh. Oh, my gosh. Oh, my gosh. Oh, my gosh.