Book 3, Chp 6: Tomb Of Merlin

After the time loop situation, YN join back with his friends to head to Merlin's tomb to seek the staff. Right now, we see everyone including Dictatious, who chose to side with the Trollhunters, are gathered around Jim's amulet.

Blinky: To find Merlin's tomb, the Trollhunter must destroy the Amulet

Blinky: To find Merlin's tomb, the Trollhunter must destroy the Amulet. That's-

Jim: You really think it was Merlin making the Amulet?

Blinky: I wasn't finished. That's deranged!

Claire: I saw vague memories in my head left over from Morgana.

Toby: You're saying Jim should destroy his Amulet 'cause you think you saw some old man put a map inside of it?

Claire: It was Merlin. The key to finding his tomb, to finding his staff, is inside his Amulet.

YN: Well that's just stupid for putting it in the amulet.

Dictatious: The girl-child may be on to something. The Amulet and the staff are connected.

Blinky: Both fueled by the magic of Merlin.

Toby: If Jim breaks open his Amulet, he can't armor up! And if he can't, "Goodbye, Eclipse Blade!" How's he supposed to kill Gunmar?

Claire: If we don't get the staff first, none of that will matter anyway.

Jim: Maybe I don't have to destroy the Amulet. You said Gunmar has Aarg captive?

Blinky: And Aarg could be used as an emotional anchor.

Claire: We'd portal-jump right to him.

YN: The plan is set then. Save Aarg, get Merlin's staff.

Jim: And stop Gunmar by any means necessary before he acquires the staff.

Time skip

The everyone's get ready to leave as we see the families are saying their goodbyes.

MrNunez: I can't say we approve of all your life choices, but if you're going to run off, you're going prepared

MrNunez: I can't say we approve of all your life choices, but if you're going to run off, you're going prepared. It's got a poncho in there, waterproof matches, a flashlight, chorizo.