Chapter 43

_ . _

Chapter 43

Eros was finally free from his seclusion, and he felt a surge of excitement as he saw his temple in front of him. He clung to Marcellus' arm and whispered, "How strange. I thought I would be back at Lord Samael's place." He looked around at the silent gate and wondered what awaited him inside.

Marcellus laughed softly, leading him to the entrance. "It's cold out here. Let's go in." He wrapped his arm around Eros' shoulder and explained, "The dimension you were in was created by Goddess Circe, but she gave Lord Samael the power to control it. He can change the dimension's rules as he wishes."

Eros nodded in awe. "That's amazing! So that's why I appeared here in the first place!"

"Yes," Marcellus confirmed with a smile. "Lord Samael cares about you and wants to make things easy for you."

Eros' eyes sparkled as he gazed at Marcellus. "Lord Samael is so kind! I admire him so much, and I'm grateful to him from the bottom of my heart."

Marcellus suppressed a sigh as he heard Eros praise Lord Samael. Nice? He thought. Well, maybe to you. He smiled back at Eros and said, "Come on, let's meet your priestesses."

"Oh..." 

Eros felt a lump in his throat as Marcellus gently pushed the door open. He was greeted by five young priestesses, who bowed respectfully and welcomed him home. "We are honored by your presence, Your Eminence."

Eros gave them a weak smile, his hand tightly holding Marcellus'. Marcellus sensed his nervousness and leaned in to whisper in his ear, "Don't be afraid, My Prince. These priestesses are handpicked by Lord Samael himself. Your mother and stepbrothers have no authority here."

Eros gasped. So, this place is not under their control? I can breathe freely here. I can do whatever I want? Am I really free? As he thought of this, he felt a tear roll down his cheek. Marcellus smiled as he scoffed, while the priestesses tried to comfort him with gentle words.

"What's wrong, Your Eminence?"

"Please don't cry, Your Eminence!"

"Is there anything we can do for you, Your Eminence?"

"No, there's nothing," Eros said as he laughed. He wiped the tears from his eyes as he lifted his eyes, giving his sweetest smile as he spoke with enthusiasm. "I'm just happy!"

The five priestesses heaved a breath of relief as they started to talk to him more comfortably. "Do you want some refreshments, your eminence?"

"Is sweetened tea your preference?"

"Do you want to take a bath first, your eminence?"

"Uhh..." Eros pulled Marcellus close to him and started introducing him to the priestesses with a smile. "This is Marcellus, everyone! He's my personal guard responsible for my safety, so please don't be suspicious of him."

"..."

"..."

"Uhm, Your Eminence?"

"Yes?" Eros responded with a smile.

"..."

"Lord Samael already told us everything."

"Including General Marcellus..."

"And also, your guest is coming today."

"EROS!"