ugh, the rain

ELLIES'S POV

As we walked over to the restaurant, I tried my best to stay close enough to her but not too close since the way she was looking at me made me feel butterflies in my stomach..

I tried to hide my cheeks that had suddenly turned red as we talked about small things like the food at the restaurant we were going to eat, or how the streets were filled with people going home from work. I made sure to keep the conversation flowing so that it wouldn't be too awkward..

The walk finally ended as we got to the BBQ place and once inside, we went to a table where we could sit and eat

The combination plates we had ordered contained various different Korean foods, including rice, soup, vegetables, and meat.

As we waited patiently for the meal to arrive, the sound of me tapping my fingers on the table was the only sound that filled the surrounding atmosphere...

Chocol : "So uh..."

"Hm..?" I had just snapped out of my stare after hearing her say something

Chocol: I just wanted to say that...do not hesitate to tell me if someone is bothering you in my class... or anywhere else, okay?
she said with a serious tone

"I'll remember to do that" I replied, my eyes shifting away from her once more as I realized just how close we were sitting to each other at the table.

"I wanted to say that, I'm really thankful that you stepped in to protect me." 

Chocol: "Don't worry about it, I just couldn't stand watching her try to get.... that close to you...I've never gotten this angry about this kind of stuff before"

"Oh?" my heart started beating super fast

CHOCOL'S POV

"Well...she clearly had no regards for your personal space, it was almost like... she was acting entitled to your time and attention....I just....." I found myself struggling to explain myself, "She seemed to think that just because you were nice to her, she could just invade your personal space so casually like that..."
I was still trying to find the right way to explain the anger I felt..

"And then she had the audacity to ask you if you were dating anyone..." The anger in my voice started to rise just from thinking of the random girl again.

Ellie: "Yeah, I'm gonna admit, she was annoying me, especially when she disrespected you..."

"And then, after you told her you weren't interested in relationships, this girl has the utter nerve to say to your face that she would be a better choice...that girl is truly something...like...the way she thought she could just come in and take you is what really pisses me off...she clearly had no idea that I'd do anything to prote-"
I had stopped mid sentence, realizing just how much I had said...

Before I managed to say any more, the silence was finally broken away by the sound of the waitress placing the dishes in from of us.

 the tension in the air was thick as the sound of cutlery could be heard as we both ate our food. oh god, why did i make this so awkward?