The Thorn's Snap

Kira was currently resting on the bed, trying to go to sleep. It was hard to rest when all she could think about is Lilia leaving and the disease that is spreading. If only Reina was here to use the spell Kira taught her. The spell helps calm the desease down and prevent it from spreading.

"Kiki?" Kira knew that nickname. It was the nickname that Reina gave her. She must have sensed that she was struggling to sleep. "Kiki, I am here to help."

"NO! I don't n-need help...I am not w-weak." Kira said, though her anger didn't last long as she went from being upset into being in pain.

"Kiki, please don't say that about yourself. You don't have to tell them. Shall I use the spell you taught me?"

"Yes, please..." Kira murmured, releasing Reina's hand and drawing the blankets up to her shoulder.

Reina placed her hands on Kira's face before using magic to make her fall asleep. Kira slowly closed her eyes and went to sleep. "Rest well, Kiki. You're a better mom to me than even my own mother."

Reina placed the plushes of Malleus and Leona in her arms before quietly walking away. "Feel better soon, Kiki."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A few hours later, Kira had woken up from her slumber. She was feeling unrelaxed and decided that perhaps a relaxation in the pool would be good for her. "I'll need to tell one of my dorm members and then get Reina to help me."

She then got out of bed, but after she got out of bed she felt a sharp pain. "Gahh!"

She tried getting up, but soon fell down as she lost feeling in her legs. "I need to calm down and control the magic so my disease won't spread." Kira said as she breathed in and focused her magic onto preventing the disease from spreading.

After calming down and controlling her magic, she got up and walked out of the bedroom. She spotted Lilia down the hallway. "Lilia!"

"Delicate Thorn, I didn't expect you to get up so early after you said you didn't feel good. " Lilia said as Kira ran up to him and hugged him. She seemed upset which Lilia could immediately tell. "Daughter."

Kira looked at him with saddened eyes when he said that. "Yes, papa?" Kira said."I am proud of you, my darling daughter.  I am thankful that I was able to be your father...even when your dad passed away. You are beautiful in every way and I hope you will do amazing things."

"Papa..." Kira started to tear up and her grip on Lilia tightened around him. Lilia let her and rubbed her back as she let her tears fall. Something is definitely wrong with her. She seems so emotional lately, she normally is, but to me this is not her normal emotional state. Lilia thought to himself.

"Papa, I am going down to the pond to relax. Reina will accompany me once I go and get her." Kira said, wiping her tears away. Lilia smiled, "Alright, daughter."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once Kira was down at the pond, she relaxed in it while Reina watched her. "Kiki, are you sure you don't want me to come in with you?"

"Yes...I am fine without your comfort, ReiRei." Kira said she likes feeling the warmth of someone close to her. Though she doesn't like asking Reina since she didn't want it to be awkward. "Okay, Kiki. Please, relax yourself."

"Fufu, is everything alright?" Lilia said, appearing behind Reina. "AH!" Reina fell off the lounge chair she was sitting on. Kira tried her best not to laugh, but a few giggles escaped her mouth. "My, my, a relaxation in the pond. Sounds nice."

"Pa-Lilia, I didn't expect you to come by." Kira said, her eyes were a bit sad, Lilia could tell that she so desperately wanted to call him papa. "Daughter, don't be shy. She can know of our little secret."