S1|E8: Last Wish (Yoo Jeongyeon)

Requested by: @Aadivv

~-~

Y/N's POV

"How is she? Is she going to be okay?!" I frantically asked the doctor as Jeongyeon was lying on the bed unconscious.

"Uhm... Well..." The doctor stammered and looked very nervous.

"What?! What is it?!" I angrily asked and he deeply sighed.

"I'm afraid that Yoo Jeongyeon doesn't have much time left..." He informed me and my eyes widened in horror.

At first, I didn't believe what he just told me. She doesn't have much time left?! What the fuck is he talking about?!

"What do you mean... She doesn't have much time?" I nervously asked and he gave me a grim look.

"I'm sorry to say that Yoo Jeongyeon has been suffering from a chronic disease for a while now... It appears it's only getting worse as time goes on and I'm rather surprised she's not on life support let alone being able to walk. I'm guessing about a week before her heart fails," He explained and my heart sank.

I asked the doctor if there was anything they could do but he shook his head saying that the disease is uncurable and it's nearly impossible to diagnose it early enough to treat it.

Sadly, by the time Jeongyeon was diagnosed with the disease, it was far too late, and she didn't even know she had it until recently.

Now, you all must be wondering how I got into this situation and how I met Jeongyeon in the first place. Allow me to recall the tale...

~-~

Flashback

It was back in my early college days as a freshman, I was majoring in engineering, and everything was going well until I moved into my dorm.

"W-who the hell are you?!" A strange woman exclaimed as she was shocked to see me entering what was supposed to be my dorm.

"Uhm, Y/N? Is this 322?" I asked her and her eyes widened.

"Yes? Are you a stalker?!" She asked and I shook my head.

Yup, my roommate was a girl, what was even more strange is that boys and girls are not allowed to be in the same dorm.

The girl Jeongyeon called the admin office to clear this up but it turns out all the dormitories were full and there was nowhere else they could separate us.

Eventually, we had to live with it as neither of us couldn't afford to rent an apartment or a studio elsewhere.

At first, things were quite rough as we didn't exactly get along with one another but as time went on, we got closer and closer...

One day, when we were watching a movie in her room, she suddenly confessed to me and I was taken aback.

"N-noona? Are you serious?" I nervously asked her and she shyly nodded.