Chapter 7

Luc

Blood, all I see is blood.

I knew something was wrong from the moment I saw the blood splatters on the wall earlier. Our butlers usually clean up after us, especially when it comes to anything that is directly connected to our not so legal business.

In addition to that, no one of us would just murder someone in the hallway of my private headquarters.

I go on towards the door leading to my bedroom, the grip on my holstered gun tightening with every step as the blood puddles grow bigger and bigger the I go.

Eventually I reach the wooden door, more blood pooling up to my already crimson stained slacks between the wood and the floor.

What the fuck is going on in there...

The best decision I could've made would have been to leave and get some of our check. But I've never been someone who sticks to rules not even if said rules are set for my own good. I pull my 9mm from its holster settled at my waist and remove the safety lock. Whoever is or was in there isn't going to see the fucking light for a very long time.

I reach my hand for the doorhandle, pushing it open slowly but surely.

My eyes need a moment to scan every inch of the room. It's empty yet I keep my gun in my hand. I push the door shut, the click of the lock sending a slight feeling of unease to my core.

It is not supposed to do that...

Doubts for my own decision of going in here alone start to build up.

The moment I turn to check the door every single muscle in my body freezes for just a second until I'm able to step away and dodge the bloody head that was hung at the top of the door.

This head belonged to one of my best men, it's a shame he won't be able to help anymore... his service has always been quite helpful. He had a loyal soul, too bad he had to go in such a brutal way.

At the sight of his empty eyes about a million questions run through my mind. Who would have the audacity to kill one of my men —and even more important— why?

I begin to lower my gun and loosen my grip on its handle.

Someone had the guts to not only enter and defile my bedroom but also recklessly murder someone close to me in this very place. Said someone is obviously going to regret his decision even if I have to torture every single one of my men to find out who would dare to betray me and I know I will not rest until I found the one responsible for this mess.

One... two... three...

I take a deep breath, my mind instinctively counting up to twenty to calm myself down. It has always helped me keep my calm and collected façade up and steady.

I hate the way I struggle to keep my cool sometimes. It's unbelievable and I can't help but feel a certain weakness forming. It makes me vulnerable which I hate to admit. Although I assume that admitting to your flaws and imperfections that's the first step getting over them —or better— completely rid of them.

Tilting my head to the side, cracking the full length of my neck I walk over to my bathroom but as my hand moves to the black-metallic doorknob my eyes jump down; it too is covered in blood. I try to shake the bad feeling in my gut off, grabbing the handle and pulling the door open. My heart stops once again as my gaze hovers over the red stained floor. To my surprise I don't find the rest of the body but tons and tons of more blood. This poor guy really had to suffer with this much blood being all over my floors.