12. Shooting an Arrow through a Chest.

Skyler's Pov.

"How can you not be hungover after last night?" Robyn groaned after she downed her aspirin.

I laughed at her "Just because you were drunk as fuck doesn't mean I was."

"Shut the hell up! Besides you were the one starting with this Jägermeister shit." She rolled her eyes "Sometimes I hate the fact that you're German."

Once again I just laughed enjoying the sight of my best friend looking like crap because - believe me - this did not happen often.

"You didn't had to drink this German 'Jägermeister shit'." I smirked.

"Heard of him yet?" Robyn suddenly changed the subject as she looked at me with raised eyebrows.
I just shook my head sighing frustrated and checking my phone once again hoping this time I would have received a message from Marshall - but I didn't.

A big frown appeared on hear face as she mumbled sounding confused "He will."

✖✖✖

"Skyler!" Someone behind me yelled and I couldn't help but stared as Paul Rosenberg suddenly popped up next to me while smiling friendly at me.

"Hey." I responded quietly not knowing how to react when I was going to see Marshall again since Paul's appearing meant that he will be back as well and he didn't called or texted me and also didn't responded to any of my calls nor texts.

I knew for a few days now that Marshall was going to come back today but I still had no idea what was going on and why his behavior changed like that.

"Everything's alright?" Paul asked looking rather worried.

Just nodding I continued my way to the conference room I had to meet up with Paul, Steve, a few producers and directors and last but not least Marshall to discuss the concept of the music video for the fact that we wanted to start shooting in the next few days.

The moment I entered the room I felt a piercing stare on me that belonged to no other than Marshall Bruce Mathers III. His crystal blue eyes scanned my body up and down before he looked at me with pure disgust. What did I do to him that made him look at me this way?

Even though his eyes never left my body as I greeted everyone but him I could easily make out how tensed and annoyed he seemed to be since the second I walked into the room.

I sat down next to Steve who glanced at me showing how confused he was about the bitter tension between Marshall and I. Likewise did Paul and received the same answer as Steve - a simple shrug.

Three hours that felt like an eternity later the meeting was finally over and I was able to leave. As fast as I could I stormed out of the room hoping to get away from Eminem as far as possible since all he was doing during the discussion was giving me a scowl and refusing every single suggestion I made. Also he did not speak one fucking word to me.

"Good to see you, Skyler." The voice of my stylist interrupted my thoughts. "I was actually looking for you because of this award show next week. We defiantly have to talk about what dress you're going to wear."

"Can we talk about this some other time?" I asked glimpsing over my shoulder only to see Em being close behind me.

"Uhm, okay?" He frowned "Darling, are you alright?"

I nodded for respond but a few seconds after that I heard a deep familiar voice commenting on it while walking past us "Of course she's fine, she's just a whore."

Damn. That felt as if someone just shot me an arrow trough my chest. What made him be like this towards me?

"Woah." My stylist remarked "Someone doesn't like you."

"Looks that way, doesn't it?" I rolled my eyes to hide the fact that I was actually hurt because of what he said. No one that wasn't Robyn or Demi - my closest friend besides Rihanna - should ever know that words and actions of specific person were still able to wound me.

Completely believing me, he said his goodbye while smiling at me and walking away. It didn't surprised me that he immediately believed me since I was pretty good at hiding emotions and being the 'hot unapproachable bitch' the media thought I was.

Deep in thoughts I walked to the exit of the building, ignoring the screaming of the crowd in front of the gates that started as they spotted me leaving the studio. On the way to my car I tried to ignore Eminem who leaned against his Mercedes and watched my every move.

Sighing I got into my car and started the motor driving off. As I left the parking lot I had to pay attention so I wouldn't run over a fan or a paparazzo for the reason that the crowd was besieging my car as soon as I left the property of my record label.

On my way home I got a call from Steve and since I was using the hands-free kit I didn't had a problem with driving and talking to him over the phone at one go. He reminded me that I had a shooting for the cover of the American Cosmopolitan and later the day an appearance on some late night show.

I didn't had much time left before I had to be at the shooting for which reason I decided to head to the location by now.

The traffic was terrible so I was lucky to arrive just in time.

Sadly my mind was filled with thoughts about Marshall and why he was acting like this the whole time therefore I wasn't really concentrating on the shoot. I just hoped the pictures wouldn't look that bad.

After the whole shoot was over and the photograph showed me a few results which gladly weren't a total disaster, I met up with a couple of bodyguards that escorted me to the studio where The Late Night Show With James Corden was filmed.

We talked through the sequence of my appearance and other things like that.

Eminem's words were still on my mind and I was unable to ignore them what caused me to feel pretty uneasy in the spotlight for which reason I was worried how the show would be going since I always would come off as cold and showed an aloof manner when I was hiding how uncomfortable I felt.

Oh Marshall, what are you doing to me?

◈◈◈

A/N: I hope you liked it and thanks for every single follow, comment, vote and read!

On the picture you can see Skyler and as I said at the very beginning of the story: In this story she has a wider pelvis, a bigger ass, bigger tits and no tigh gab!

And what do you guys think is the reason for Marshall's changed behavoir?

skylermathers