44

3 months later.
Emma's POV
Everything's back to normal but there are no giggles, chuckles, or laughter from our daughter. We changed our house cuz we couldn't handle ourselves with the memories of us.
It was a beautiful and vast mansion. There were only two of us. I had been taking therapy sessions after what happened. I feel much better. I have been feeling sick for a month. I had nausea and repeated vomiting. I ignored it cuz I thought it was a food problem.
I went downstairs to make breakfast but I was feeling dizzy. I called Alex and he came running from upstairs.
I was dizzy and I fell on him. After a few minutes I woke up.
He gave me some water. I was still feeling the same.
I said " I'll sleep for sometime"
He said " No we are going to the doctor. You've been ignoring your health for a month now. Let's go"
And he lifted me up in bridal style and took me directly to the car.
I kept on saying no but he didn't listen.
We drove to the hospital. We had to wait for sometime.
The doctor called us in. We went and she said she has to run a few tests. They took my blood and they told us to wait for an hour.
We were waiting for the reports and I fell asleep on Alex's shoulder.
Not gonna lie he's still feeling guilty and now he doesn't even look at any other woman except me. He's changed for good. He doesn't leave me for a second also. He makes sure that our PA shares his schedule to mine as well.
I guess sometimes mistakes happen to check whether we truly love someone.
I love him much more.

Alex's POV
We came to the hospital cuz Emma wasn't feeling well and she wasn't coming to the doctor for a month so I directly lifted her up in my arms and made her sit in the car. Our relationship is much more deeper now. I love her more. She's always been by my side. We changed our house. We made changes in our lives.
We were waiting for her reports and she fell asleep on me. I let her sleep cuz she didn't sleep well last night. She had very bad cramps. I thought it was her period but she told me she has missed it for 2 months now. This is normal cuz she has PCOS and she's been in stress.
The doctor called us in again and we went.
The doctor said " Mr & Mrs Howard congratulations you're 4 months pregnant"
I said " What the fuck"
She said " I'll leave you guys alone for sometime."
I looked at Emma she started crying.
A tear escaped from my eyes. She held my hand and she said " Babe is it right what we heard?"
I said " Yes sweetheart"
She got up and hugged me and started crying. After what happened we didn't think about kids and we never had anything between us and this was impossible.
She cried so much that my t shirt was getting drenched in her tears.
I said " How is this even possible? I didn't have any symptoms also. I thought I was becoming fat so my tummy was getting bigger.Like nothing happened between us from past 4 months"
She said " Doctor said I'm 4 months pregnant so it's technically before all this. 4 months back"
I said " You ready? If you don't want to then let's not"
She said " I don't want to kill my child. He/ she is a blessing."
I said " The decision is up to you. I'll be happy with whatever decision you'll take "
She said " No, we are keeping our baby"
I wiped her tears and kissed her on her forehead.
After sometime the doctor came and she did the ultrasound and we saw our baby.
Very tiny just like a seed.
We were overjoyed.

We came home and we couldn't believe what just happened. We decided not to tell anyone. We only told Matt. Because he is very close to us and he's our best friend. He was very happy.
It was indeed a blessing. We promised each other that we'll take care of the baby so much that nothing will happen to him/her. We don't want to lose the only child of our child.

In the night-
Emma's POV
We still couldn't believe that I'm pregnant again. We were overwhelmed. We never thought of having kids after our first born child's death. We didn't even know that I was pregnant before all the drama in our lives. But this time I'm gonna put all of my efforts and raise the best child.
I'm very lucky to have a husband like Alex cuz when the doctor told us that I'm pregnant he didn't force me to keep the child but he said if I was ready then we would have this child otherwise no.
Honestly after what and all happened he's very changed. He never forces me for anything. He didn't even touch me since 2 months. He hasn't been the same guy once he was. He was maintaining distance between us and I didn't like it.
He sleeps on the couch and not like the same him who used always have me in his arms. I miss that. It was a thing which mattered me a lot. I felt safe and secured in his arms but now the distance is the thing I'm not able tolerate. I feel insecure because I'm afraid that the distance might make us lose each other.
I decided to talk to him today. I can't see him distancing from me. I love being with him and being in his arms. I can't stay away like this for real.
He was downstairs working and I was in our room. I called him " Alex can you please come upstairs?"
He came upstairs within a minute.