46

3 months later
December 11

Alex's POV
We woke up and I saw her beautiful face with a beautiful baby bump. This is the morning I've dreamed of since my teenage years.
Only 2 months left to meet our baby boy.
She woke up and said " Happy Morning"
I said " Best morning"
She said " we'll go to the beach today"
I said " Sure wifey why not"
I got a call. She said pick it up cuz I didn't want to.
It was my dad. I picked up.
Dad said " Come home immediately your mom is hospitalized. She's in a serious condition son"
I said " What the hell dad. We'll be there soon"
I hung up the call.
Emma asked " What happened Alex?"
I said " mom is hospitalized and in a very serious condition we'll have to leave soon"
And a long tear escaped from my eyes.
Emma patted my back and said " Nothing will happen Mama. She's strong. Don't worry everything will be alright. You gotta be strong now for you mom."
I hugged her and I probably cried so much that her t shirt was wet.
She comforted me.
I love my mom so much. The fear of losing her is hitting me so much right now.
Emma told " Calm down babe. Get the jet ready. I'll pack our bags"
I said " Babe I'm really sacred. I don't want to lose my mom." And I cried.
She said " Nothing will happen. She's a fighter."
She wiped my tears and I called Matt.
He said we'll be leaving at 10 am which is like in an hour. He'll be coming directly to the airport.
I took a shower. I was having a breakdown but I controlled myself.
By the time I got out of the shower Emma was ready and she had packed our suitcases. Honestly she's the one who understands me and does things for me.
I got ready and we left our home.
She drived. I told her not to but she did.
I was quite the whole drive.
We reached the airport and we were crowded with media. In the last 6 years our company has been the No.1 and me and Emma have got the awards and have stayed in top 5 and the result of this is the media always covering us.
We didn't announce our pregnancy on the Media and now they were behind us.
Thankfully there was security so Emma wasn't feeling annoying.
Sometimes it's frustrating when you are featured on the live and your life can't be personal.
We boarded the jet and Matt was already in.
It was a 19½ hour flight but I was whole time stressed. I was scared cuz what if I lost my mom.
We sat and I put my head on Emma's lap.
She was running her hands in my hair and it was relaxing. I didn't know when I dozed off to sleep.
I got up after 3 hours and I saw her seeing me.
She asked me " How are you feeling now?"
I said " Until I see mom I'll not be fine. Thanks for being there for me right now"
And I held her hand.
She said " I'll be there till the end of us no matter what"
I asked her " Are you & baby boy okay?"
I was concerned because there might be difficulty for her breathing in the high altitude.
She said " We both are doing fine nd baby boy says that grandmom will be fine daddy. Stay strong daddy"
I kissed the bump and smiled.
Matt was asleep. I could clearly see the fear on his face too.

Emma's POV
We left for the US cuz mamma was hospitalized and health is deteriorating.
Alex was crying this morning. He's way too attached to mama. I could see that he was fearing to lose his mom. After all who wants their mom to die.
He slept on my lap and woke up after 3 hours. He cried to sleep. Matt was also having the same fear. I wish the distance between us to the US would be short cuz it's a 19 ½ hour flight.
He was disturbed. My phone was popping with notifications with me and Alex tagging to articles. Honestly after being the top companies it's very hard to keep our lives private from the media.
We didn't announce our pregnancy and now when we were at the airport there were lots of media people.
I was wearing Alex's shirt cuz none of my clothes and my baby bump was clearly visible cuz I was in the 7 months of my pregnancy. I didn't care about the media.
We were on the news and article saying
" The company owners of Howard Industries Mrs. Emma Alex Howard is pregnant."
"Mr and Mrs Howard soon to be parents"
It was very frustrating to be tagged so much. But can't help.
Being famous as a business man and woman is difficult.
Anyways I was now eating my lunch.
The baby boy was kicking so much more than before.
I saw both brothers being stressed out.
They were idle and looking sad.
I can understand their pain.

After 15 hours----
We reached the US and now we are going to the hospital. We were all quiet.
We reached and both of the brothers rushed near dad.
I couldn't walk fast.
Doctors told us that she's a little stable now but still the chances of her living are less. She was very young for like 50 years and very fit but we didn't know why it happened like this.
Alex was now terribly crying. His mom was his best friend more than his mom.
We went to see her.
Both of them hugged her.
She said " You look fantastic Emma. When's my grandson coming out?"
I said " March mom"
She said " Please take care of my son's and husband. You are the best daughter in law. You are more like a daughter to me.
You've brightened my son's life. I may not be there but never make my son feel the absence of my presence. He should see me in you. From now onwards you are everything for him child".
I said " Please don't talk like that mama"
She held my hand, Alex, Matt and dad's hand and said " You guys have to be strong and take care of my grandson and never feel my absence. You were the best husband I could ever ask for. 33 years with you was beautiful honey. And you guys are the best kids in the world. Thank you for being my happiness. I love you babies and I love you Ni"
Before she finished dad's name she lost her breath and she collapsed.
We all started crying. We couldn't believe that we lost our mom.
Both brothers shouted " Mom please don't leave us"
They fell on their knees and started crying.
Dad was also crying and he lost some part of his soul. After all they've been together for 33 years.
Dad was handling himself and Matt but my husband was out of control. The way he was having a breakdown was a heartwrenching sight for me. I cried. I couldn't believe I lost the best mom in law. She was more like a mother figure to me. I felt as if I lost my own mom.
But now I have to be strong for my husband. He needs me and I will have to manage myself and look after him.
I sat on my knees and he fell on me saying " Emm-a I l-os-t my m-o-m"
I couldn't see him crying like that.
I let him cry out cuz the pain he's having right now is unimaginable.
He was so happy in the morning and life just changed in a second. He loved his mom so much.
I couldn't see my best friend also cry like that.
Most importantly my dad is crying.
Alex immediately said " Emma got up and sat on the couch. I can't make my wife and son uncomfortable in my sadness"
I said " Your wife and son are absolutely fine but you aren't"
He got up wiped my tears and made me sit on the couch.

Day later-

Mom passed away last night and since then none of us is normal. Alex didn't have food. I don't know why but he hasn't left me since last night. We reached home and everyone went to their rooms.
I told Alex to take rest but he didn't.
The whole night he was holding me and slept on my lap.
He said " Please don't leave me Emma already my mom left me. Only you are the one left for me. You are my everything now"
I knew he was feared. I caressed his hair and said " I would never leave you sweetheart. Don't ever think that I will leave you. If I had to leave you then I wouldn't have come into your life. I love you and I'll never leave you."
He held my hands tightly. We fell asleep like that itself. Today morning I got up carefully putting his head on the pillow.
I went to freshen up and made breakfast for everyone. I know they won't come down so I gave Matt and dad breakfast in their room .
I bought our plate but found him still asleep properly after 3 days.
I let him sleep.
I don't know what to do at this point.
It'll take time for everyone us to heal.
He woke up after sometime and I was right beside him. I kissed him on his forehead and said " Freshen up I'll feed you food"
He went to washroom and I heard his little sobs. I let him cry.
He came out and I fed him.
He said " Emma I can't live in this house. It reminds me of mom can we please go home back?"
I said " Whatever my baby wants"
We spoke to dad he said he'll not move in to our house nor Matt's. We gave him time alone. We didn't want to leave him alone but we had to.
Matt was staying for some more days.
We left back for Australia.