EP 7 - Cruel Intentions

Seoul sky slowly turning into golden yellow and brilliant violet, the sunset is coming. The autumn sky peek between skyscraper buildings, giving a serene feelings to the people who were caught in the city afternoon traffic. Hanbin sitting inside his car watching those beautiful sight. He's lost in his mind, don't even bother the traffic that has capture him.

He watch the sky gradually changes from golden to darker shade of brown. The color remind him to someone. Someone who own silky dark brown hair. Someone who own a pairs of clear brown eyes. Someone who own a beauty mark under those beautiful eyes.

Hanbin smile bloom remembering that person. A boy who's able to capture his attention from the very first second he met him.

"Zhang Hao, you really are an interesting person" Hanbin mumbles to himself.

He didn't expect that he will met the genius boy today. At first Hanbin was consumed with anger after knowing he wasn't appointed as the main performer. But somehow after meeting Zhang Hao, his feelings changed. The violinist beauty make him temporarily forget his anger.

He finds Zhang Hao is very attractive, therefore he didn't want to make an unpleasant relationship with him. Actually Hanbin was more interested to build some kind of close relationship with him. The chaebol tap his fingers on the steering wheel, thinking about how he should make a move to the violinist.

Suddenly his thoughts was disturbed by incoming call. He divert his eyes from the road to the car head unit. It's Jiwoong who call him. He answer it by connecting the call with the head unit bluetooth. Immediately Jiwoong voice fill the car.

"Hanbinna, where are you at? Still at the restaurant?" Jiwoong ask.

"No Hyung. I'm on my way back to my apartment" Hanbin answer him back.

"Still with the cute Chinese boy?"

"His name is Zhang Hao. No, I'm alone"

Jiwoong went silent for a few moments, as if the older one are considering something, not able to directly ask Hanbin. The chaebol know his best friend to well, therefore he provoke him to speak the truth.

"What do you want to know Hyung?"

Jiwoong laugh awkwardly, "Well I really cannot act around you am I?" say Jiwoong.

"I know you since kindergarten. We practically grew up together, of course I know you like the back of my hand" Hanbin chuckle.

Hanbin and Jiwoong has known each other for a long time. They first met in their childhood at family gathering, their fathers are business partners. Jiwoong's father own the biggest media group in South Korea, its business covers TV station, radio, production house and entertainment agency. Hanbin's father is his colleague and also one of his biggest investor. Both of their fathers always in good terms, they are best friends. So it's only natural for their sons, Hanbin and Jiwoong, to be best friends too.

Jiwoong laugh again hearing Hanbin words, this time his laugh sound a bit sarcastic.

"Indeed you are and same goes to me. Ok, I'll straight to the point. What I really want to know is why are you being nice to Zhang Hao?"

"I'm not being nice. I'm just being friendly. He asked about my experience as former main performer. Nothing more" say Hanbin, a small smile forming on his face.

Jiwoong scoff, "Do you think I'll buy it?"

This time Hanbin is the one who laugh. Jiwoong words hit the bulls eyes.

"Like you said, we've know each other our entire life. I know you through and through Sung Hanbin. I know you're not trying to be friendly with that boy"

"Hahaha.. What do you mean Hyung?"

"Drop the act Hanbinna.. First, I know you're one ambitious man. You wont let go your goal to be main performer that easily. Second, I know you're man with many scheme. You being friendly with the new main performer was no way done in innocent way. Third, I know the type you like, pretty yet innocent one. One who will easily fall for you. Zhang Hao is definitely fit that type"

Hanbin laugh louder hearing Jiwoong hypothesis. He know it was sarcastic and rude, but he didn't deny any of it.

"So, tell me the truth what are you up to?" Jiwoong insisted.

"I really didn't plan anything Hyung. I just want to get to know him more. He seems like a nice person and I want to be his friend" say Hanbin.

"A friend wouldn't try to flirt in public. I saw a picture of you with him in front of university dorm, you held his chin and that boy blushed like hell."

"Really? Where did you see it?" ask Hanbin curiously.

"Lots of student witness your romantic scene, they post it on their social media" Jiwoong answer.

"Really?" ask Hanbin again, this time he pretend his curiosity.

"This is part of your scheme right? Flirting to him, openly showing it to all people. What are your real intentions? Trying to make him fall for you?"

"Let's just say that I am interested in him. Nothing harmful" Hanbin chuckle answering his best friend question.

"Yeah right, none of your act is harmful but it's indeed dangerous. I know you'll make him head over heels for you. That poor boy seems very innocent, didn't you notice how easily he blush every time you said something nice to him" Jiwoong continue.

"Of course I notice, that's exactly why I'm interested on him" say Hanbin smiling remembering on Zhang Hao's blushing cheeks.

"So that's it? Your motives is to make him your boyfriend?" ask Jiwoong once more.

Hanbin smile grew, a devilish one.

"Who said I want to have relationship with him?" 

Jiwoong fell silent for a few seconds. After he manage to understand the chaebol words he then laugh again and clapping his hand enthusiastically, "This is it! The Sung Hanbin I knew! No way in hell he will done anything without a purpose"

Hanbin laugh along with his best friend. He know Jiwoong would never judge him negatively for all of his bad scheme. The older one hold the same value with him.

"So, this is how you take a revenge on him? Since Zhang Hao is the one who took the main performer position from you. You'll make him kneel on his feet for you and then you dump him?" ask Jiwoong while holding his laugh.

"Who said I will let him take the main performer position. The correct order is to make him fall for me, then snatch back my main performer position, then dump him" Hanbin answer.

Jiwoong claps echo once more in the car sound system. The older one even give a standing ovation that Hanbin couldn't see.

"God! Sometimes you scare me Sung Hanbin. I'm blown away by how cruel your intentions are." say Jiwoong.

"Be glad that you're my friend Hyung"

"I hope that poor cute boy will be survived after all of this end" Jiwoong sigh thinking how bad his friend will treat him afterwards.

Hanbin chuckle and answer with vicious words.

"He wont. I plan to make him crushed"

***

Writer's Note:

Yes, in this fanfic Hanbin is a red flag 🚩🚩!! Both Hanbin and Jiwoong are.