Chapter 13

Izuku woke up in Denki's arms, his head buried into the beta's neck.

Unlike omegas and alphas, betas didn't have a scent that could easily be associated with them. Izuku smelt like vanilla, for example, a scent that could turn sour when he was in distress. But Izuku still thought that Denki had a scent unique to himself. He didn't smell like anything in particular, at least not something that had a name, but Izuku would still be able to recognise his scent anywhere.

He smelt warm and safe, the kind of scent that promised comfort if comfort had a specific smell. Izuku really liked it, and waking up surrounded by Denki's smell made him let out a pleased sigh.

"Hey," Denki put a kiss on his forehead as a good morning greeting. He must have been waiting for Izuku to wake up because he was already smiling when Izuku raised his head to look at him.  "How are you feeling?"

"Good..." Izuku hid his face back into Denki's neck. He felt a little shy this morning - mainly because of what had happened yesterday during his heat - but it was true that he felt good. Better than how he had ever felt after a heat, actually. He didn't remember having ever felt this rested and satisfied before.

And he was happy because Denki had kept his promise. He hadn't touched him even once during his heat, at least not anywhere that counted. Even when he had watched him fuck himself with a dildo, and had then joined him on the bed to kiss him, he hadn't tried to go further even once. He had just kissed him and praised him until Izuku had reached his climax.

Izuku was amazed. He felt even closer to Denki after his heat. They hadn't had sex but they had still spent an incredibly intimate moment together. Izuku had never spent a heat with someone else before and had never masturbated in front of anyone either...

Denki was the first person he had ever trusted enough to do this with, and Izuku was so glad he hadn't pushed him away. 

"Yeah?" Denki put another kiss on top of his head. "I'm glad you're feeling great." He was so affectionate that Izuku couldn't help but purr. Cuddling with your boyfriend right after having woken up was the best. He was almost afraid he would get too used to it.

"But is your heat already over?" Denki's question diverted his attention to something else. "I thought it was supposed to last longer."

It was true that every sign of Izuku's heat had already disappeared, even though only half a day and one night had passed. It was unusual for sure. Izuku's heat normally lasted several days - from three to five days at the most - and he needed way more than just one orgasm, no matter how intense, to be satisfied.

"I think it wasn't a real heat..." was his response.

"What do you mean?" Denki seemed confused, so Izuku explained himself. "I forgot to take a suppressant a few days ago," he admitted with a blush. He didn't want to remind Denki about his nervous breakdown. "I think it triggered my heat but, since I kept taking suppressants afterwards, it only triggered a small one."

Natural cycles and suppressants never fared well. It was impossible to know what had happened exactly, but Izuku was pretty sure he was right. He had messed up with his hormones and his body hadn't liked it.

"I guess that makes sense," Denki hummed. "But you shouldn't take too many suppressants. I heard it was bad for omegas' health." He caressed Izuku's face with his thumb. Izuku nuzzled into the touch. He tilted his head to the side and then kissed Denki's palm.

"It's not like I have another choice," he sighed. "Going into heat every month is too inconvenient." It was exhausting and messed with his work schedule. Taking suppressants to go into heat only once every two months was the best solution he had found. "But don't worry, I'm followed by a doctor." He tried to reassure Denki. "He'll tell me if anything's wrong with me."