Chapter 6

"Hi... My name is Sakusa Kiyoomi..."

~

TW This chapter contains panic attacks

~

Atsumu's eyes go wide as Kiyoomi continues to speak, avoiding any eye contact since he had noticed the boy a minute ago.

"I'm a germaphobe, so I'd prefer if you don't touch me or my things. Um I'm also a wing spiker." The ravenette looks to the captain and then the ground.

"Anything else?" Meian asks, Kiyoomi shakes his head in response.

Atsumu, remembering what had happened only two days ago, is suddenly full of panic, confusion, and nervousness. He didn't exactly know what germaphobia fully is, other than it's related to germs. Hell he had no idea that Kiyoomi, the man he went home with, had sex with, and slept with in the same bed, was a germaphobe.

Atsumu was so shocked and lost in thought that he didn't know that the captain was trying to speak to him.

'Oh god... Shit shit shit!' He mentally curses at himself for what he thinks is his stupidity.

Meian grabs Atsumu's shoulder, startling him fully causing him to physically jump, he's forced out of his thoughts for a moment.

"Atsumu, you listening?" The captain asks, the blond nods as he glances at his captain. "Okay good. I need a favour from you." That definitely caught Atsumu's attention. The captain almost never asks for a favour.

"What is it?" He wonders. "I need you to set for Sakusa so we can see how his skills are," Giving Atsumu a moment, he starts speaking again, "You're fine with that right?"

Atsumu nods and exhales a breath he didn't realize he was holding. He wasn't ready for another interaction with Kiyoomi. Especially as teammates after everything that had happened.

As Meian walks to one of their courts in the gym, he leaves Atsumu and Kiyoomi standing next to one another. They make eye contact and for a moment, Atsumu sees a hint of hope, care, and a need for something, something Atsumu is unsure of. Kiyoomi almost looks like he wants to speak, to say something to Atsumu but he can't get anything out.

Pulling them out of the trance was the captain calling to them.

"Atsumu, Sakusa, lets start now."

They both made their way over to Meian and started setting/spiking. It was awkward for them both, needing to speak, but neither wanting to. Atsumu would say Kiyoomi's name each time he would give the taller a set. 

And each of those times reminded Kiyoomi of their Saturday night together.

The final set Atsumu gave to Kiyoomi was perfect.

"Kiyoomi!" He yells, setting the ball right into the ravenette's hand. With a smack, the ball slammed down onto the court floor. making everyone go silent.

The blond started grinning his signature smile. The coach and captain both seemed proud of the new duo.

"Yes! Kiyoomi that was amazin'!" Atsumu says proudly, jumping over to Kiyoomi. They give each other a high five, surprising everyone else before Atsumu suddenly backed up.

"Oh uh... Sorry um, 'm gonna go to get water!" He quickly rambles as he turns to run out of the gym and into the hallway.

That leaves the captain and coach both confused. they look at each other with an eyebrow raised and shrug. "That was good Sakusa, thank you." The coach turns to the ravenette that is also standing there, confused.

The other members of the Black Jackals are doing their practice. Either serving, spiking, receiving, or setting. Some are taking a water break. It was now 9:45 in the morning and practice still went on for another hour and a half.

It's been 5 minutes since Atsumu went into the hall, so Kiyoomi decided to take his own "water break" and go find the missing setter.

"Oh! Sakusa-san, if you see 'Tsumu out there, bring him back so we can practice together." Bokuto says as he caught a glance of the wing spiker trying to leave the gym.

The ravenette only gives a slight nod of his head.

A few moments later

Kiyoomi had been in the hall for a few moments now, 'I'm lost... great.' He wouldn't admit it out loud, but, he surely was lost in the MSBY building. He actually hasn't gotten a proper tour yet.

Finally, after walking down the hallway, he spots the blond setter.

'What is he doing?' Kiyoomi questions in his head, seeing that Atsumu was crouched next to the water fountain, face in his hands. Kiyoomi then chose to walk up to the crouched male and bend down to see him eye to eye.

"Atsumu?" He whispers, bending down and touching the blonds wrist.

"Ah!" Atsumu, being scared from the sudden voice, jumps in his crouched position and hits his head on the wall. Eyes squeezed shut, he rubs the back of his head, then slowly opens his eyes. Left then right.

As he sees the figure in front of him, his butt lands on the floor and his eyes are full of shock.

"Kiyoomi..." He mumbles. Atsumu's head starts filling with thoughts. 'Shit... Is he mad?' 'Why did it have to be him..'  'I wanna go home!'

Kiyoomi's speaking but Atsumu can't hear a single word he's saying. His lips are moving so slowly yet they're unreadable.

A second passed. Then two. Then three.

As every second passed, the faster Atsumu's heart would beat. The faster his breathing would pick up. The faster his thoughts would go through his head.

Suddenly, Kiyoomi was holding Atsumu's hand, his face was covered with fear and uneasiness. Care and understanding.

"Hey, Atsumu, can you hear me?" He asks. Atsumu barely heard the male in front of him, but was finally able to make out his words. He nods very slowly and shakyly. "Breathe with me okay? Match my breathing."

Kiyoomi knew exactly what Atsumu was going through. He was having a panic attack, something that the ravenette had gone through many times. He wouldn't say he was a pro at dealing with it, but he knew how to calm one down.

Kiyoomi's way of calming his own panic attack down was; Keep track of your breathing, counting to five as you breathe in and once more as you breathe out. Name three things you see. Name three things you hear. Move three different body parts.

That list of the 4 steps, Kiyoomi learned from his mother, who also suffered from panic attacks and the same germaphobia he has.

As Atsumu watched Kiyoomi's chest rise and fall each time he was breathing, his own breathing slowed down and he was able to match Kiyoomi's slow and calm breathing.

The taller male gave a small smile. One that said so much without actual words. One that said it'll all be okay.

"What three things do you hear?" He asks, "My teammates, a car alarm, and you." Atsumu responds. Kiyoomi's smile grows a bit. "Can you move three parts of your body?" The blond looks down, he moves his leg, squeezes Kiyoomi's hand and he nods his head.

'That leaves the last thing to check.' The ravenette thinks.

"What three things do you see Atsumu?" Kiyoomi whispers to keep Atsumu calm. The blond takes a glance around, "A door... Poster. And.." He looks at the man crouched in front of him, "Your smile..."

~

Another cliffhanger!

I'll get the next chapter finished and posted when I can.

I was at a funeral today, so this was originally gonna be posted later. But here it is, early.

Anyways, hope you enjoyed!

~ Spirit_Kawa