06 | Bonnie and Clyde Except Its The 90s And We're Not Committing Murder

"Who killed them?" Angel asked and Emiel smirked.

"I'm not going to tell you that. I don't trust your friends,"

"I don't trust you," Angel spoke evenly.

Emiel laughed.

"You shouldn't! But maybe you should. Just this once. I think I can help," he said.

"You haven't yet," Cordelia muttered.

"Give me some time then," Emiel replied with a sardonic smile.

"I'm afraid time's of the essence right now Emiel. Two people have been killed in a matter of three days," Angel informed him.

"You've killed more people than that. Why do you care?" he countered.

Cordelia and Wesley exchanged another glance and I felt my fingers tighten on the trigger of the gun.

It mightn't kill him but maybe it would make him shut up for a minute.

"I care because I'm a good person. Clearly unlike you," Angel spoke and Emiel scoffed.

"Well for starters that's hardly true and you're right. I'm not a good person. You know why?"

"Cos you're a murderer?" Cordelia asked, her arms crossed.

"Cos I'm not a person," Emiel replied, his face morphing into that of a vampire's.

"Didn't see that one coming," I noted sarcastically.

"Are you going to help us or am I going to have to fight you?" Angel asked.

"I'd like to see you try," Emiel laughed and I glared fiercely at him.

"Who are you people anyway?" he asked, matching my gaze.

"They're colleagues," Angel answered for us and Emiel scoffed. "Now. Are you going to help us or not?"

Emiel was silent for a moment.

"Andrew Macleod was found behind a thrift store," he spoke finally.

I gasped, suddenly feeling faint.

"What's the name of the thrift store?" Angel asked, although we all knew the answer.

"I don't know! Used To Be Mine or something. Real stupid name if you ask me," Emiel complained but I wasn't listening.

"Used To Be Yours," I murmured.

"Yeah that's the one! You know it?"

Cordelia was looking at me, frowning.

"Are you okay?" she asked. "If you're going to pass out, tell me so Wesley can catch you,"

"I-I don't know," I spluttered.

"What's your deal? Andrew your boyfriend?" Emiel asked and I flashed him a weak glare.

"No. He was found behind the store?" I clarified and he nodded.

"Yeah. There's a small alley there, like this one,"

"How do you kn-" Wesley began but Angel shushed him.

"What is it?" he asked me and I turned to look up at him.

"Emmeline was found next to it. Jacob was shot in front of it..."

"They're making a square!" Cordelia exclaimed, grinning.

"What?" she asked, everyone staring at her.

Angel shook his head.

"Never mind. How do you know all of this?" he asked Emiel.

"Heard it on the grapevine. Honestly, I called you cos I figured you were the one behind it all. I heard you were in town," he explained.