08 | Hellmouths, High School And Hot Demons

"Nothing?" I asked the next morning, walking into the office.

I had actually managed to make it home that night instead of falling asleep on the office floor.

Wesley was standing by the window, checking the newspaper for any updates of death.

"No," he replied and I sagged with relief.

"You know what they say, no news is good news," Kingsley chimed in from the doorway.

"You know what else they say? Go away," I spat.

"They don't say that,"

"I do,"

"Can I roll my eyes any louder?" Cordelia asked, entering the room. "Just interrogate him already. Do us all a favour," she added, glancing over at Angel who had followed her in.

"Fine," Angel replied, walking over to Kingsley.

"What are you gonna do?" Kingsley asked, amused.

"What do you know?" Angel replied.

"That you have no idea what to do and how to stop this,"

"Emiel. I need you to answer me properly,"

"But I don't wanna," Kingsley spoke, immaturely before laughing.

"Please,"

"Why should I?" he asked and Angel sighed.

"Because it's the right thing to do. More people are going to die if we don't stop whatever's out there,"

"Did you ever consider the factor that maybe I don't care?" Kingsley asked, crossing his arms, a smirk dancing across his lips.

"But you do care. I know you care,"

"I'm not like you," he spoke and Angel nodded.

"No. You're not. I'm not half as stubborn as you are,"

Cordelia scoffed quietly which made Kingsley grin.

"You sure about that?"

"Fairly," Angel replied, before turning away and sighing. "Look, Emiel. I'm not saying you have to help us, I just need you to answer a few questions,"

"Why? I'm a vampire. For all you know I could be the killer," Kingsley said.

"Vampires don't eat organs," Angel replied dismissively. "And I know you aren't evil,"

Kingsley looked taken aback, the smug smile falling from his lips.

"You wanna test that theory?" he exclaimed.

"You have a soul," Angel replied simply.

Cordelia, Wesley and I exchanged a look.

"Guess you really are more like Angel than you thought," I joked, unable to hold back the comment.

Angel glanced back at me before turning to Kingsley once again.

"How do you know that?" he asked, voice low as if he were ashamed of something.

Really, it was the opposite for me.

I was more than glad to know he wasn't about to drain me if given the opportunity.

Not that I would ever let him within a three inch radius of myself.

"I can sense it Emiel. We aren't the enemy," Angel told him gently.

Kingsley didn't reply for a moment.

"Ugh," he groaned.

"Fine. Whatever. But don't think I'm helping you as a charity cause. I'm gonna complain the whole time,"