chapter¹²

the scary tunnels

the scary tunnels

a/n: 2.8k words for you lovely people <3. remember to vote and comment please, this took me a week ;> (i've written all the drafts for this season and i plan post them daily or twice a day)

also, i was thinking of writing another atla live action fic but a male oc airbender as the love interest and y/n as zuko's cousin/sister/relative and she follows zuko on the journey...yes/no?? tags??

warning: death mention, literally one tear, sibling arguments, jealous katara?

💧✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼💧

authors pov

10:12 AM. OMASHU

the water tribe siblings walk through the gap in a part of the mountain. 

tweets from the birds, the sun shining bright and buzzes from the insects, make it seem like today is going to be a good day. let's hope. 

katara goes in first, sokka behind her and y/n behind the two of them, putting her hands to her face to stop the leaves brushing past her eyes. 

"this can't be right," sokka says, squinting his eyes in the dark as he holds the map. 

"this was the only opening in the mountain," katara says as she's infront of him. 

"are you sure?" sokka asks, but his question is left unheard. 

"listen. do you guys hear...music?"

"music?" y/n repeats, walking to meet sokka's pace. the three water tribe siblings walk further into the funnel and they are, in fact, met with music. 

"when you find yourself in darkness," they see a group of people, dancing, singing and playing musical instruments around a fire. "and all you see are rocks and stones..." the one playing guitar stops singing to talk to sokka. "oh good. grab that, would you?" the he continues to sing. "remember that a precious gift lies buried deep inside..." sokka bends down, picking up the instrument. he looks up, expecting for the guy to say something and he does. "shake it," sokka's neutral face turns into a one of absolute shame as katara tilts her head and y/n almost bursts into laughter. "so dig a bit and you will find jewel of my heart. jewel of my heart," very enthusiastically, sokka shakes the maraca, y/n holding in her smile. "jewel of my heart, yeah," 

but towards the end he seems to thoroughly enjoy it but then katara raises her eyebrow to look at him, he stops acting with disinterest. he scratches his head, looking at the ground. 

"yeah," the guitarist says to the water tribe siblings. "that was all kinds of right. so what are you doing here?"

"what are we doing here?" katara repeats. "what are you doing here?"