Chapter 8: A Big Disaster

Alyssa and Caroline spent over an hour shopping just outside town, and Elizabeth met them over at Mystic Grill.

Caroline and Alyssa sat down at the table that Elizabeth was sitting at and talked as if everything was back to normal.

"So, how was your time with Damon and Stefan?" Caroline asked excitedly.

"It was great! They were so kind to me and very helpful!" She said with a smile.

"That's good. I'm glad you're back and completely healed."

"Thank you. I really appreciate you guys being here for me. I don't know what I would've done without you."

"Aaaaw! Don't worry about it. We're family. Of course, we're always gonna be here for you."

Tears of joy welled up in her eyes. "Thank you, guys." They all group hugged before the waitress came over to take their orders.

"Hi! How can I take your or..." The waitress looked over at Alyssa and frowned. She looked over at Elizabeth.

"Do you know you're sitting next to a vampire?" She asked.

Elizabeth looked over at Alyssa. "What? No, that can't be. I'd know if she was."

Caroline's eyes widened. She looked visibly nervous. Caroline looked around and saw all the other customers staring at them.

"We'll just get going.." Elizabeth started to get up from the table, and so did Caroline and Alyssa, but everyone gathered around them, preventing them from leaving.

Alyssa suddenly saw a small opening between two people, but they were running out of time to escape.

"Alyssa! Run!" Caroline shouted before chaos broke out in the restaurant. Caroline rushed her to the kitchen and barricaded the doors. Alyssa began to cry uncontrollably as Caroline tried to hold herself against the doors, trying to hold everyone back.

"I'm so sorry, Alyssa. You need to run as fast as you can."

"But what do they mean I'm a vampire?"

"There's no time! Just run!"

Alyssa ran out the back door and climbed a tree nearby. She watched as people ran under her, not noticing her in the tree. She watched tearfully through the window, someone stabbing Caroline with a wooden stake and her falling to the floor.

She almost screamed but had to cover her mouth. She had to be quiet so nobody would see her.

She also saw a crowd forming around Elizabeth. She also noticed a familiar car speed to the front of the restaurant, and both Damon and Stefan get out and search for her.

Damon suddenly saw Alyssa hiding in the tree and quickly held his arms out.

"Jump." He said loud enough for her to hear him. She hesitated at first, but then she jumped down, and Damon caught her and took her into the car as quickly as he could.

Alyssa continued sobbing heavily as Damon drove off toward the mansion.  When he parked, he got out of the car, took Alyssa out of the backseat, and carried her back inside the mansion.

"Hypnotize me." She said to him as he walked in the door. He looked down at her, worried. She could already feel the anxiety and the grief building up inside her. She instantly felt like she was about to explode.

"Are you sure? You don't want time to process..."

"What is there to even process?!?" She screamed. "My whole family was killed in front of me, the whole fucking TOWN is trying to kill me! Hypnotize me! I don't wanna be big anymore!" She screamed, heavily sobbing.