Chapter 9: A Sweet Surprise

Damon approached Alyssa's room with a bright smile on his face, but his smile dropped when he saw that she wasn't in bed. He looked around frantically for her, but he realized she wasn't even in the room.

"Sweetie? Where are you?" He asked, hoping to find her. He suddenly heard giggling downstairs and rushed toward the living room to see her sitting on the couch watching cartoons.

"How did you turn the TV on?" He asked her.

"Button!" She said out loud, almost yelling with a big proud smile on her face.

"Yeah, but which button?"

She went up to the TV and pointed at it. "Button!" She said again, and the TV turned off.

Damon looked at her, surprised. She looked back at him and giggled. She pointed back up at the TV and shouted once again. "Button!" The TV turned back on.

"So you used your witchy powers to turn the TV on and off... nice." His eyes widened, having a sudden realization that she could use her powers for almost anything.

"Hey, Stefan? We might have a problem!" He called out to him.

Srefan stopped out from the kitchen and looked over at them. "What's the problem?"

"She used her powers. She's a witch, meaning she could use her magic for mischief." He said.

Stefan looked over at Alyssa and shook his head, and smiled. "Yeah, that could be bad. Should we have Bonnie teach her to use her powers?" Stefan asked him.

"That actually doesn't sound like a bad idea." Damon replied to him.

Both men looked over at Alyssa and saw that she was giggling and jumping around happily, not really realizing what was going on. All she knew was they were smiling at her, and it excited her.

Damon quickly picked her up and took her out to the backyard. There, she saw a swing with artificial flower vines wrapped around the chains of the swing in a beautiful spiral. She was captivated by the beautiful sight of the new swing she now had. She gasped in delight, jumped in place, and squealed happily.

"Tank you!" She said loudly in her baby voice.

"You're very welcome, sweetie. Do you wanna swing on it?"

"Yaaaah!" She squeaked.

Damon chuckled and gently sat her on the swing and lightly pushed her on it. She giggled and kicked her feet.

"Higher!" She shouted excitedly.

"Okay, but let's not go too high." Damon said.

"Okie!"

Damon pushed her a bit harder, causing her to swing a bit higher, and she had a blast on the swing. Stefan watched them having fun from inside the mansion. A smile had formed on his face. He felt content knowing that Damon was now a happy man and no longer the selfish, evil vampire he used to be.

Caroline texted Stefan, letting him know she was on her way to visit Alyssa and to check on her. Stefan unlocked the door and let her in and showed her the way to the backyard.

Alyssa suddenly saw Caroline and jumped off the swing mid-air. Damon looked over at her, worried while she was almost flying off the swing and hurt her ankle when she hit the ground. Caroline gasped and rushed to her and tried to soothe her as she cried.

"Ally! Are you okay? I knew I shouldn't have pushed you so high." Damon said, concerned.

"She didn't break anything. It's just a small sprain. Let's get her inside to let it rest for a little while." Caroline said.