6.

ATTENTION! ⚠️
If you have already been reading this story before the update, I would recommend you go back and reread the chapters. The first chapter hasn't changed, but from chapter 2 onward there is new information and fact changes so I could pace the story a little better. Thank you for your patience!

"Pink peonies or pink orchids?" Anisa asked with an inquisitive gaze on the two flowers

"Is that not your client's decision?" Mya asked, completely disinterested and eager to leave the flower shop. Her nose was beginning to tingle, and she was sure a sneezing fit would ensue.

"She told me any flowers were fine as long as they're pink," Anisa mumbled, still darting her eyes between the two options.

"So, then choose either of them. It doesn't matter," Mya rolled her eyes. As the tingling in her nose continued, she began to wiggle it to ward off the sneeze.

"It does matter! It's the centerpiece!"Anisa exasperated.

"Fine, peonies."

Anisa smiled but immediately dropped it when her eyes shifted back to the orchids.

"Don't you think the orchids look so much more elegant, though?

"Then choose the orchids," Mya replied, blankly batting her eyes.

Anisa's eyes shifted back to the peonies.

"But they look sparse. The peonies are so full and fluffy."

"Then get both, Anisa. I don't know," Mya sighed just before pausing as a large sneeze rushed through her nose.

"Bless you... ooh, you're right! Peonies around the vases, orchids in the vases. Ugh, I love your brain. Tell me why you don't wanna do business together again?"

"Because I would be a slave to your indecision."

"At least you'd be a house slave, high yella' ass," Anisa teased.

"I wouldn't say that too loud," Mya chuckled, "people might think you're a racist."

"Bitch, I am. White people piss me off so bad."

"How you pissed off by your own kind?" Mya joked as they made their way toward the front of the store.

Mya was always the butt of Anisa's light skinned jokes, so she jumped at the opportunity to flip the script especially since Anisa was much lighter and had green eyes. She'd even dyed her dark hair blond over the weekend, and it was pressed straight with subtle waves. She could definitely pass for a white woman.

"Don't start," Anisa glared.

Mya shook her head, perking up once she saw they were checking out. Anisa put in the order for an unheard of amount of flowers, striking the florist's curiosity. Anisa revealed it was for a wedding she was planning for a client and the two began gushing about the flower choices and how well they'd pair with the champagne pink bridesmaid dresses the client chose, and how perfect it all sounded for a spring wedding. Before Mya knew it, they were engaged in a deep conversation about the latest season of Love is Blind.