Book Alert!

I have been writing another book alongside this one that I think has potential. Here's a little sneak peek below. Let me know which story you're feeling more; this one or TheLady in Red. I have no title for it yet, so I would love it if you leave title suggestions in the comments.

________________

Cast
Sydney J. Harper as Mahogani
Chris Brown as Cyrus

"So, what's on the itinerary for tomorrow?" Mahogany asked, setting her glass aside as she surveyed the menu.

The sisters had been taking turns organizing activities for each day of their trip, eager to make the most of their remaining two days on the island.

"Uh, I was thinking horseback riding through the mountain in the morning, come back, get brunch, boat tour shortly after, head to one of the beaches, grab a bite then clubbing that night."

"Sounds perfect," Mahogany nodded approvingly, "I don't even wanna think about our last day, but I think we should make it a nice relaxing one to close out the trip. Maybe hit one of the private beaches for a tan and I can make reservations at the spa in the morning."

"Oh, I've been dying to check out the spa. I ran into a woman earlier today on the beach, and let me tell you, her skin was positively radiant. She mentioned she had just come back from the spa and raved about the experience," Eboni exclaimed, her face beaming with excitement.

"What happened to 'all you need for good skincare is black soap and nothing more'?" Mahogany asked with a chuckle.

"Oh, hush. I still like to be pampered," Eboni responded, shutting the menu.

Despite not having made up her mind yet, the waiter was already approaching to take their order, and the array of choices was proving to be overwhelming. Mahogany simply hummed, gazing at the now pink sky.

"Are you ladies ready to order?" the waiter inquired as he approached their table.

"Yes, actually. I'd like to try the pisca hasa," Mahogany responded, a hint of uncertainty in her voice as she tried to pronounce the dish. "I'll have it with white rice... and can I get the creole sauce on the side, please?"

"Absolutely, and your pronunciation was spot on," the waiter complimented with a wink, causing Mahogany to squirm with pride in her seat. "And for you?"

"I'll just go with what she's having," Eboni chimed in.

"Are you sure? I'd recommend trying the Keshi Yena. It's a generous portion, perfect for sharing between you two," the waiter suggested.

"I'll go for it," Eboni agreed with a smile.

"Alright, one pisca hasa with white rice and creole on the side, and an order of Keshi Yena coming right up," the waiter confirmed before heading back to the kitchen.

"Mom would've loved this," Eboni said, her eyes flickering with nostalgia.

"Ebs, please," Mahogany pleaded.

"You can't keep avoiding grief. Healing starts when you acknowledge it," Eboni insisted.

"I've already grieved," Mahogany mumbled, stirring her drink with a tiny straw.