9. (Part 2)

Don't fight me but I forgot to upload 😂 I've had to attend 4 birthday celebrations within the same week so it's been a lot, but Chile, yall heard bout Diddy? 🥴 that gworl  said "fuck it, I don't wanna go to court" 😂
______________________________

Don't fight me but I forgot to upload 😂 I've had to attend 4 birthday celebrations within the same week so it's been a lot, but Chile, yall heard bout Diddy? 🥴 that gworl  said "fuck it, I don't wanna go to court" 😂______________________________

As the afternoon waned, Mya mingled and enjoyed herself among peers and strangers alike. She was having such a good time that she didn't mind Cherelle's early departure. The number of guests dwindled as the hours passed, transforming the large housewarming party into a more intimate gathering. Among the remaining guests were Reece and his date, as well as the familiar-looking guy Mya noticed earlier, whose name she had recently discovered was Anthony.

As they gathered in the living room, Mya joined in the conversations, most of which were steeped in nostalgia for the existing friend group. Taking note of Jasmine's restlessness through her fidgeting and anxious movements, Mya felt a pang of sympathy, realizing that Reece had been lost in reminiscing without acknowledging Jasmine.

When the conversation shifted to a topic where Mya had little input, she excused herself to the balcony for a much-needed smoke break, a newfound habit she had only recently mustered the confidence to indulge in after seeing Anthony do so earlier. Despite extending an invitation to the others, they all declined to join her, including Jasmine, whom Mya had hoped to offer some respite.

Nevertheless, Mya could hear the chatter and reverberating laughter continuing behind her as she stepped into the cool evening air. Her hair blew gently as a lofty breeze whizzed by. Reaching behind her ear, she retrieved her pre-rolled blunt and lit it with the lighter she had tucked in her back pocket. Taking a long drag, she closed her eyes in bliss, letting the overwhelming thoughts that were plaguing her  dissipate with the smoke. The strong scent of marijuana surrounded her in a dense cloud. She only opened her eyes when the musky earth scent was encroached upon by something sweet and aromatic.

Turning around, Mya observed Reece making his way outside, sliding the door shut as he exited. His eyes met hers and a small smile played on his lips as he approached her. She couldn't help but smirk at his timing.

"You came just in time, the blunt is almost gone," she remarked, holding up the dwindling joint between her fingers. Reece chuckled, reaching into his pocket and pulling out a small pre-rolled joint.

"You good, I got one on standby," he said, flashing a grin.

"Always thinking ahead, huh?" she teased, taking the last drag of the almost finished blunt before tossing it over the edge. Reece placed his joint between his lips as he patted his pockets.

"Stay ready so you ain't gotta get ready," Reece mumbled with a wink as located the old Bic lighter in his back pocket. He pulled it out and flicked it a few times but the flame only glimmered. Mya chuckled, passing over the lighter in her own pocket.

"You almost had me fooled," she teased as he kissed his teeth.

As Mya handed Reece the lighter, he took it with a casual smile, but as he felt the cool metal in his hand, a flicker of recognition passed through his mind. He froze for a moment, his eyes narrowing as he observed the familiar design of the chrome object between his fingers.