CHEERS

"I heard from Prim, that Becky wants to transfer rooms."

Freen lifted her head from the grass to look at Noey, who's lying down beside her. "Really? How did your roommate know that?"

It's only been a week since the class started, which means that Freen has been living with Becky for a week now. The things between them didn't turn out the way she's expecting it. The first and last time they talked was during the Freshmen Orientation when they introduced themselves. But since they came to their rooms, Becky had this invisible wall around her that says: "I don't want to make friends with you."

"Prim's also a nursing student like Becky. Maybe they're classmates or what," said Noey, turning sideways to look at Freen. "Admin didn't allow her. Said that all rooms for Dorm A and B are already filled. Dorm C's already finished, but they're planning to have it ready for occupancy by next semester. Did you annoy your roommate orsomething?"

Freen lay back and stared into the leaves overhead. "I don't know... We're not even talking. I couldn't start a conversation because she's treating me like I don't exist."

"Is she mean to you?"

"No. But I can tell that she feels awkward. Maybe she doesn't have plans of being good terms with me. Just plain platonic roommates."

"Why do you think so?"

"I don't know. But I can tell she's feeling awkward towards me." Freen sighed. This is her first shot of trying to mingle with the world again. She's both scared and excited about it. However, that excitement has been blown away by this roommate of hers.

"Do you like her?" asked Noey.

"Huh?"

"You're roommate -- Becky. Do you like her?"

"Why'd you ask?"

"Because you're too affected right now. Look at you. You look like someone got dumped by her crush." Noey chuckled.

Freen tilted her head away from Noey to hide her blushing face. "It's... it's not like that..."

"I can introduce you to my roommate and her friends. They are nice. Who knows, you might find yourself a girlfriend, or a boyfriend, whichever way you swing."

"No, thanks. I didn't come here to look for a relationship. I came here for a cause: and that is to help the world eradicate Evens," said Freen. "I want to be like my dad, who helped the entire world with his research." But the truth is she's disappointed with the turn out of events between her and Becky.

"Truly heroic, what your dad did. And it's my honour to meet and be classmates with his daughter here in school." Noey smiled warmly. "So, you're planning to get into SAU, huh?"

"I hope I can. It was SAU who rescued me when my dad died. I felt safe when they came. It's like I can take on the world as long as I'm with them. I want to have that kind ofeff ect on people."

"Me too. I admire them so much. My dad died after a massive attack in our village when I was a kid. Like you, I want to get rid of those monsters too."

"Do you think we'd be qualified to get into SAU? They are very picky, right?" asked Freen.

"They are because getting into SAU means commitment. They only want people who are truly committed. And we're going down that path now. Training to be part of AEF is the first step towards becoming a SAU member."

"You're right. And even if we don't get to be selected of SAU, being an AEF military means doing the same, right?"

"I agree. Just lesser action."