COLONY

"I can't find the kid anywhere in the Sanctuary, Cap. She's not there."

Becky covered her mouth, attempting to stifle her cry. Kade hugged her.

"I think I should take you out, Becky. This may be too much for you to take."

"No. I won't go out unless I see my daughter again..."

Kade sensed there's no point trying to argue. She continued hugging her friend instead. "Don't worry. This isn't the first time something like this happened. I'm sure Freen will be able to find her."

"I just hope so, Kade. I just hope so..."

---

"WHAT!"

"I checked all the places, Cap. The kid's not there."

"Shit!" Freen left her troop and dashed towards Sanctuary Four. Although it is still foggy, she can see how the barriers were destroyed because of the bomb.

"Emily!!!" Freen shouted inside the Sanctuary. She went to the back and called the little kid again.

No answer.

"Fuck!" Freen paced back and forth in the room, breathing hard. "Control Room, look for any trails. The bomb weakened the Evens. They shouldn't be far away."

"On it, Cap." There was a short silence before the man spoke again, "There's a trail northeast of you, Cap--"

Freen ran outside the Sanctuary right away without waiting for the person to finish. She injected another booster in her vein and followed the trail, leaving her troop behind.

"The kid's captured." Freen motioned to her radio. "Don't bother to kill all of them. Follow me. Make sure to take another booster. We don't know what's waiting for us there."

"Roger, Cap," said Mind, Nam and Noey.

Freen felt hope when she finally got a sight of the trail. She moved further until it led her to an underground opening.

"Disengage, Cap. We don't know what's inside," a voice from the Control Room said.

Freen observed the hole that's about ten feet high. "Is this where the herd came from?"

"Captain Freen this is Commander Mint. Don't go in there unless you have a backup. I repeat, don't go in there unless you have a backup."

Freen looked over her shoulder. Her troop isn't there yet. She sighed. She looked at her watch, her eyes focussing on the seconds running.

"Captain Freen, I need your confirmation," said Commander Mint.

Freen took a deep breath. "I'm sorry, Commander. But the kid is in there. I may be able to get her alive if I go in now."

"Captain Freen, yo--"

Freen threw out her earpiece and radio far away. And without second thoughts, she dove in.

---

Commander Mint massaged her head. She motioned to one of the personnel. "Let's connect with Noey instead."

"Copy, Commander." The man pressed some buttons.

"Control Room, coming in" said Noey's voice.

"Noey, this is Commander MInt. Your captain has run amok. Follow her quickly and get out from there as fast as you can. Copy that?"