FRIENDS

After Noey told her about Becky wanting to transfer rooms, Freen had lost hope. She felt awkward being in their room more than ever. And because of that, she tried avoiding Becky by leaving their room too early and coming back in too late just before their curfew.

Sometimes she comes home seeing Becky already sleeping. But on days when Becky is still wide awake, Freen's strategy is to go for a quick shower before heading to bed without talking to her roommate. This is the best solution Freen could think of so Becky won't feel awkward around her.

"It's just for one school year," she kept telling herself. "Next year, she'll have the chance to transfer rooms."

It was one of those nights when Freen came home late. Just after she opened the door, Becky is walking around the room with just a towel wrapped around her body.

Seeing the shocked expression on Becky's face, Freen immediately closed the door behind her."I-I'm sorry," she said, walking towards her closet, her eyes on the floor. "I'm gonna take a quick shower so you can change here."

Freen grabbed all the clothes she could and swiftly walked to the bathroom, passing by Becky.

"Freen..."

Freen felt her heart flutter with the sound of Becky's voice calling her name. She turned to the lady. "Yes?"

"Are you... are you avoiding me...?"

Freen opened her mouth to say something. But seeing Becky's almost naked body distracts her thoughts. She tried to focus her eyes on the other woman's face, but she can't help noticing Becky's exposed shoulder and neck.

"Freen, are you okay?"

Freen almost smacked herself for acting like that. But she needs to get out of the situation first."I... uh... I'll take a shower first. Let's talk later." Without waiting for any response, Freen went into the bathroom and locked the door after.

---

Freen slumped back on the passenger's seat, feeling relieved that they are out on the field now.

"Wow, you look like you just got out of the trial room, Cap," said Nam, who's on the driver's seat.

"Is she sti ll making you nervous?"

Freen smiled and shook her head.

"Hey, what's up, guys?" Noey stuck her head out between Nam and Freen. "Having a private conversati on here while Mind and I are just sitting behind you?"

"Yeah. You three, including you Cap, have been acting weird. What's up?" asked Mind.

The three friends looked at each other. Freen gestured not to tell Mind who Becky is. All SAU missions are being monitored in real-time. She doesn't want to cause a commotion in the Control Room, knowing Becky and her mom are there.

Nam nodded, and Noey settled back on her chair.

"We were just talking about Captain's first love," said Nam, making Freen and Noey look at her with bulging eyes. "We've known her for years. But this morning, during lunch, was the first time she ever talked about it."

Mind scooted closer. "Wow. Interesting! So, what about it?"

"C'mon, guys. I'm not going to talk about my personal life with you. Not on this trip," said Freen lazily.

"You don't have to tell us, Cap. Noey can tell us. Right?" said Nam, quickly glancing at Noey from the back.

"Yeah. It'll be my pleasure." Noey smirked. "I was lucky enough to witness how it blossomed."