Chapter One (Mondstadt)

*A Thousand Years Later*

Ningguang's Pov

It has been a thousand years. I headed to the college, where Nahida said the lovers who died had been reincarnated. I enter the history class, and I see the reincarnated lovers. "Who are you?" asked a man who looked like Chongyun. "I'm Ningguang, and I'm the one who takes you guys to Mondstadt, Liyue, Inazuma, and Sumeru." I say. They tell me their names: Diluc, Kaeya, Razor, Xiao, Childe, Chongyun, Ayato, Itto, Kazuha, Cyno, and Alhaitham. I look at them with tears in my eyes. " Um, Miss Ningguang, are you okay?" Razor asks. I wipe away my tears and smile, feeling a sense of peace and fulfillment knowing that they have been reincarnated. "I'm more than okay, Razor. Now go pack your bags and meet in front of the college in four hours." I reply. As they nod and disperse to prepare for their journey, I can't help but feel a surge of gratitude for the opportunity to guide them once again. With a renewed sense of purpose, I can't wait to see the ones who slept for a thousand years. I hear my phone ring, and I see it's Nahida. "Ningguang, do you find them?" Nahida asks. " Yes, I did." I replied back. "Good, now once they enter where their sleeping lovers are, their memories will return." Nahida explains. I feel a sense of relief knowing that our mission is one step closer to completion. With Nahida's guidance, I am confident that we will succeed in awakening the ones who have been slumbering for so long.

*Four hours later*

Diluc's Pov

Me and the guys finished packing and were waiting for Miss Ningguang in front of the college. A few minutes later, Miss Ningguang arrived, and then we all got on the bus heading to Mondstadt. I was sitting next to my brother, Kaeya. "Diluc, what do you think we are going to see when we get there?" Kaeya asks me. I glanced out the window, watching the scenery change as we traveled closer to Mondstadt. "I'm not sure, but I have a feeling it's going to be something extraordinary," I replied with a sense of anticipation. Then Miss Ningguang asks, "Okay, does everyone know the story of the lovers who sleep for a thousand years?" The bus fell silent as Miss Ningguang began to tell the ancient tale of the lovers, captivating us all with her storytelling. As she spoke, the excitement and curiosity among us grew, eager to learn more about the mysterious story awaiting us in Mondstadt. " Now, a thousand years ago, there was a war and eleven lovers who died in battle when their lovers found out they were grieving, so the Electro Archon and Dendro Archon put the lovers to sleep. Also, choose a few people to guard their bodies." Miss Ningguang explains.

Childe's Pov

After Miss Ningguang explains the tale of the lovers, " Miss Ningguang, do you know who guards their bodies?" I asks. Miss Ningguang smiles mysteriously. "All I know is that the dragon Dvalin guards the one in Mondstadt," she replies cryptically. My curiosity is piqued as I wonder who among them will be chosen for this important task. I look out the window and see the city of Mondstadt. The bus stops in front of a bridge and gets out of the bus. We follow Miss Ningguang, and she brings us into a tall building. "Ningguang, thank you for coming," said a woman with blonde hair and wearing armor. Miss Ningguang nods in acknowledgment and introduces us to the woman as Jean, the acting Grand Master of the Knights of Favonius. Jean explains that she and the librarian Lisa, plus the dragon Dvalin, have been guarding the lovers bodies for a thousand years. Jean then leads us outside to a temple, where the bodies of the lovers lie peacefully. Lisa, the librarian, shares the tragic love story of the eleven lovers that led to their eternal rest.

Jean's Pov

I can't believe that they're finally here. I look at Lisa, and now we are in front of the temple, where three of the lovers lie. " Now, this is where the Anemo Archon lies with Bennett, Aether, Albedo, and his adopted daughter, Diona," I explain, and we enter the temple. Me, Lisa, and Ningguang fight all the monsters now that we have gone up the wind current. We made it to where Venti and the others lie. I look at the men and see Diluc, Kaeya, Razor, and Xiao holding their heads. I can see the pain and sorrow in their eyes as they struggle with their memories. Then Diluc said, " Jean, Lisa?" Diluc asks. "Yes, hello Diluc, how are you and Kaeya?" I ask. " We're good now. But I can't believe I left Venti and Diona alone." Diluc says. " Diluc, Kaeya, Razor, and Xiao, they have been asleep for a thousand years; it's time for them to wake up, right?" I ask them. "Now who wants to go first?" Lisa asks. "Let's start with Aether," Kaeya suggests. "Alright, then, Xiao, you're up." Ningguang says to Xiao.

Xiao's Pov

I borrowed a wind glider from Ningguang. I travel up the wind current to see Aether sleeping peacefully. I fly closer to him and say, "Aether, it's time to wake up." Aether's eyes shoot open as he hears Xiao's voice, and he slowly sits up, looking around in confusion. "Xiao? What's going on?" Aether asks, rubbing his eyes. "Wait, Xiao, you died." Aether shouts. "Aether, that was a thousand years ago. You have been asleep for a thousand years," I tell him. Aether's eyes widen in shock as he processes the information. "A thousand years..." he whispers, disbelief evident in his voice. I nod solemnly, confirming Aether's worst fears about the passage of time. I hug Aether, then Aether hands me my vision and spear. "Did you hold on to these while you were asleep?" I ask Aether. Aether shakes his head, explaining that my belongings were left untouched all these years. I smile gratefully, grateful for Aether's care and trust. "We all did special Venti; it took hours to calm him down. He asked Raiden Shogun to find them," Aether explains. I brought Aether down to the others who were reincarnated.

Kaeya's Pov

"Razor could go next, please; Bennett didn't take the news of your death really well." Aether says. Razor nods solemnly, understanding the weight of Bennett's grief. As he prepares to go next, Aether gives him a reassuring pat on the shoulder, silently offering his support during this difficult time. Raazor traveled up the wind current to see Bennett sleeping peacefully. "Benny, wake up now," Razor says. Bennett stirs awake, his eyes filled with tears, as he sees Razor standing before him. "Razor, is that really you?" he asks, disbelief and hope mixing in his voice. Razor nods, a small smile tugging at the corners of his lips as he reaches out to embrace his lover. Razor brings Bennett down to us. " How long have I been asleep?" Bennett asks. "Bennett, we have been asleep a thousand years." Aether informs him. Bennett hands Razor his vision and his claymore. Bennett's eyes widen in shock at Aether's words, his mind struggling to comprehend the passage of time. As he looks around at the changed landscape, he realizes the magnitude of what he has missed during his slumber. "My turn," I say with a small smile. I travel up the wind current to see Albedo sleeping peacefully. "Albedo, it's time to wake up now," I say. Albedo stirs, his eyes fluttering open as he takes in his surroundings. "How long have I been asleep?" he asks groggily. "You've been asleep for one thousand years," I reply, watching as realization dawns on his face. I bring him down to the others. Albedo hands me my vision and my sword. "Brother, it's your turn now." I tell Diluc.

Diluc's Pov

Kaeya tells me it's my turn. I grab a wind glider from Jean, then I travel up the wind current to see Venti sleeping peacefully. "Venti, you have been asleep for long enough," I say to Venti. Venti stirs, his eyes slowly opening as he looks around in confusion. "How long has it been?" he asks groggily. "You've been asleep for a thousand years," I reply solemnly, knowing the weight of the news I had to deliver. Venti's expression shifts from confusion to disbelief as he processes the information, realizing that the world he once knew is now a distant memory. "Wait, D-Diluc, you died. How are you here?" Venti asks, looking at me with tears in his eyes. " Venti, me, and the others were reincarnated." I tell him as he hands me my vision and my claymore. Venti brings down Diona and wakes her up. " Diona, it's time to wake up." Venti speaks softly to Diona. Diona slowly opens her eyes, taking in the sight of Venti and me standing before her. "What happened?" she asks groggily, trying to make sense of the situation. Venti takes a deep breath before explaining everything that had transpired in the thousand years they had been gone. Venti stops the wind currents. We are all now leaving the temple and heading back to Mondstadt. As we walk, Venti shifts into his Archon form. Dvalin roars at Venti, and he giggles. " Wind spirit, come down and walk with me," I told Venti. Venti flies down and shifts back into his normal clothes. " We are heading to Liyue tomorrow, Venti." I tell him.