.Part 5.

Playlist for this chapter
Rules-Doja cat
Bloodline- Ariana Grande

Chapter five

A few minutes later, we land in Russia at our military safe space in a nearby town, Krasnoyarsk.

We all got off the plane and made our way over to the base. "Shit, it's cold." I shudder, shivering, my breath causing a large puff of vapor in the blistering air.
"Welcome to Russia. Where it is always going to be fucking freezing." Price smiles then lights a cigar. Only wearing a thin coat, I shiver again, rubbing my arms in hopes it will warm me up.
It doesn't.
"What, you can't take the cold L.T?" Soap teases.
"L.T?" Ghost asked, sounds annoyed and a little surprised.

"Shes a Lieutenant now, so we're just giving away that title for free now? Bloody hell.

"Wait I'm L.T?" I ask sounding confused walking towards Price. "Since when?"
"Shepherd and I agreed we should give you a shot at being L.T with Ghost."
I don't ask any further questions I just roll with it.

—-

We all walk into the discussion room to talk about the mission. The planning table was in the middle of the dimly lit room, having only one light in the entire room Hanging right above it.

The table took up most of the space in the room but, luckily there still was a bit of walking space around the table.
Fortunately, there isn't to many of us but it is still quite cramped. At least it's warmer in here.

Price stands up in front while Gaz and soap stand on opposite sides of the table. That leaves other soldiers around the room with me and Ghost at the back of the room against the wall.

Our shoulders were close enough to feel heat coming off of us both.

Price starts to explain the mission, telling us where the missiles are hopefully located.

"You shouldn't be here." Ghost whispers in my direction.

"Yeah well I didn't really have a choice in the matter." I bark back at him.

"You're going to drag this team down." He snarls, "we'll be lucky to make it out of here alive with you around."

I can't take his immaturity much longer so I snap back at him, "do you have a problem with me?
Did I somehow do something to hurt your
pride?"

I turn towards him so my words are directed to him. "Does me being a woman and having the same title as you make you feel a lose of confidence and control over this mission?" I knew my words were sharp and harsh because his eyes showed a bit of vulnerability. But only for a second.

He peered over me with his massive frame, "just stay out of my way. Got it?" He scolded with an almost resentful tone.
His dark brown eyes bearing teeth into mine.

"Is there an issues back there?" Price addressed, his arms crossed and his stance serious.

Ghost straightened out, 'no sir.' We both say firmly.

———

We will be leaving in the morning before a new layer of snow sets, so get as much sleep as you can tonight." Price orders.

We're on our way to the bunks when Gaz comes by drinking a beer and leans against the wall.

"Want one y/n?" He asks, sounding like he was already drunk. "Sure. why not."
I shrugged and grabbed a glass from him.
"quick question," I take a sip of the beer, it was surprisingly easy to stomach.
"Whose bedroom is whose?"
I ask looking at him. Price buts in before Gaz can answer, "Y/n and ghost, in the room to the left," he points to the room behind me. "soap and Gaz in the right."

Seriously? I pondered. The last thing I want to do is share a room with that asshole.

"Wait, are we allowed to switch?" I ask with hopefully eyes. "Ah see I would but," soap leans down to me and whispers, "I think Gaz is scared of ghost." He giggles glancing at the drunken man lean on the wall.

"Cmon man," I pout, "and you would rather have me be with him?" I say with doubt, hoping he's not serious.
He gives me a playful punch in the arm, "you'll be fine. I know you can take care of your self." He gives me a big smile and I frown.
I sigh and slowly turn around to see ghost taking the bed near the window.
The beds are directly across from each other. "this is going to be fun." I mutter with sarcasm.

I sit down on my bed and I start to take off my boots. Ghost is quiet but I can feel him looking at me every so often.
I wonder what he's thinking. I look up at him and he's sharpening his knife.

He looks up at me as he continues to sharpen it. I get goosebumps from just looking at him. "So are you just going to keep staring at me?"
He says in a monotone voice, almost annoyed. I roll my eyes.
"I should be asking you that. I can't even keep count of how many times I've caught you staring at me." I let out an almost silent scoff.

He must have heard it because he gets up and leaves.I get up to close the door. I quickly get undressed into sweatpants and a sports bra.

I get into bed, which is not comfortable at all, but it's something. It was cold and hard to get comfortable. The blankets were thin and chilled.
I fell asleep a few hours later, surprised I even fell asleep, considering all the discomfort.

———-

(ALR BEFORE YOU CONTINUE I DO HAVE A SONG FOR THIS SCENE—
The beginning-Madison Beer)

————

The next morning I woke up slowly, both of my eyes struggling to open.
   Ghost was changing on the other side of the room. And with the little that I saw was more than enough. He was facing the wall and I could see his shoulder muscles flexing. His shoulders themselves were broad and then there's his biceps. They are perfectly toned. His back was littered with scars. Some large and some small.

He turns his head and sees me staring at him.
I notice and am immediately embarrassed.
We hold eye contact.
"I- Im sorry. I didn't mean to. I was just surprised." I rambled then pulled the blanket over my head and turning onto my side. Shit