6. Who is Stray Kids?

Changbin'sP.O.V.

Walking in my shared bedroom with Channie hyung and Axl, I switch on the light. Oh!... I didn't know she was here... When I saw Axl lying on her bed, I quickly switched the light off and used the light from my phone instead. She's already sleeping? How come? Was the shoot that exhausting for her?

I grab my earphones that I hide under my pillow and quietly make my way towards the door. Should I wake her up for dinner or should I let her sleep? I don't know... She seems to be far gone in her sleep already...

I slowly and discreetly approach her before kneeling next to her bed. I was about to put my hand on her shoulder to wake her up when I noticed something on her face. Tears... Dry tears... She cried. Did she cry to sleep? What made her cry?

Bothered, I stare at her face for a small moment. Are we the cause of her tears? Maybe Felix and Channie hyung were right. We were harsh on her after all. Doubting her skills, not trying to learn about her, letting her aside in a way... She's trying so hard just to fit in the group and to please us at the same time. Trying to not change our habits too much, and we don't help her in any way... That's a shame for us.

I grab her blanket, cover her up and put her phone on the floor. Maybe she was talking to her family and she cried out of the lack of their presence? I know I had my doubts about her but I never wished for her to cry, no matter the reason...

Quietly walking out of the bedroom, I close the door and join the guys downstairs. All of them are already sitting around the dinning table as Channie hyung is bringing the dish.

- Changbin hyung, come eat, I heard Seungmin telling me. I don't reply, still bothered by our asleep member upstairs. I walk over to them and take place next toJeongin and Chan.

- Is she coming ? Minho hyung asked me. I'm surprised he asked... All of the boys look at me, waiting for my answer. Even Chan looks at me while serving them.

- No, she fell asleep and I didn't want to try to wake her up, I responded to my friends, not wanting to tell them everything yet. I prefer speaking with Chan hyung first.

- Why not? She doesn't bite, Chan hyung replies to me with a small chuckle. Well... I know that. It's not why I didn't wake her up...

-She seemed to be sleeping profoundly. If she fell asleep so early it must be because she needs it, no? I replied to my friends, giving them the first argument that came to my mind. All nod their head up and down before starting to eat. Dinner is a bit quiet but it still has that energetic vibes that we usually have. I guess the boys are just being quieter for our new member. I keep glancing at the leader, watching him being a bit lost in his thoughts. He listens to the boys speaking and joking but he also clearly has something bothering him. He's been this way quite often lately. I wonder why.. I should tell him about Axl. I don't have to make the others know about this yet. She probably wouldn't want that. She probably didn't want me to know it so if I tell it to all of them... Anyway, I'm sure Channie hyung will know what to do. Channie hyung?I discreetly call the leader as the others are focused on a story Seungmin is telling them. Bangchan quietly glances at me, showing me I got his attention. I'm sorry for how we've behaved with Axl. She's good. We should have been cooler with her, I apologized to him as I feel this regret down my chest. I can't lie that I wasn't doubting her, I was. And I have to admit that she keeps impressing me.

- It's good that you noticed it but, why are you apologizing to me? Chan quietly asks me, sounding and looking confused. Well... It's true. Why am I apologizing to him? I stay quiet, not knowing what to say. Binnie? He calls me, using that serious tone to tell me to spill the beans. Well, I planned on telling him anyway. I got his attention and made him suspicious with my silence. I can't go back now...