S.1, Ep.2: Memories

The portal opened on the other side as Luna walked out, followed by Nova and Ace. They were in the castle of Mewni, a large building with a celestial vibe to it. Ace looked around as he already saw these wall paintings before. A lot of old memories coming up by Ace. He used to run trough these hallways when he was close friends with Star. Luna walked in front of the three. "This way people. To my mothers grand hall." She said in a cheerfully way. The way Luna hopped to the Grand Hall she looked like a bunny. Ace smiled when he saw that, makes him remember to old days.
Nova just nodded as she followed, Ace didn't responded at all and just walked.
He was looking at all the pictures but he stopped at one specific, a picture of him, Star and Marco at their young age. Nova noticed that and walked towards him.
"Memories?" She asked with a calm, low voice.
Ace nodded. "Yeah. This picture was made 20 years ago. Crazy right?" He said as he looked over his shoulder to Nova, scratching the back of his head. "This place." He continued. "All the memories are coming back. The hallways, all the rooms. All the, locked doors every now and then.." Ace sighed when he said that. "Its just I don't know Nova." He turned around. "I just dont know what to say." Ace looked around at the other pictures. Nova looked at Ace and walked closer. "Chill." She said and she put her hand on his shoulder. "If what you say is true, then Miss Butterfly wont have a hard time confirming that."
Ace smiled and nodded. "Lets follow Luna before we lose track of her as well." He said. "Well, then you know the place right?" Nova responded as she smiled. It was the first time she cracked a joke to Ace, even let go a smile. Ace chuckled and nodded, but remained silent.
Nova and Ace continued to follow Luna to the Big Hall. There was a throne and a large table. Also a woman cleaning up the table.
"Miss Luna? Back already?" She asked.
"Yeah well things happened. Do you know where mother is?" Luna asked the lady while she looked down to the ground.
"Of course. I will call her for you okay?" The cleaning lady said with a calm and gentle voice.
"Thank you miss." Luna responded respectfull.
The cleaning lady walked away as a couple of minutes later a woman walked in. Beautiful and formal at the same time, wearing a crown and a long dress. This was Star, the queen of Mewni.
"Mom!" Luna said in a cheerfully way.
"I might have stumbled across an old friend of yours." She said happily.
"Really?" Star responded curious. She looked at Nova. "But i think i already know this friend of yours silly." She said and chuckled.
"Not this friend mom." Luna said. She pointed a hand towards Ace. "Him."
Star looked at Ace. Her smile disappeared from her face and she said nothing. Ace looked at Star. "Hello Star.."
"Ace?" Star responded cold. "Its really you."
Star sounded happy and sad at the same time. Ace didnt really smiled as well.
Nova felt the vibe change as it was all nice and comfy at first but now all of a sudden it feels somber and gray. She stepped back as she didnt really wanted to interfere in this situation.
Luna just kept quiet and watched the two.
"Its been a while." Ace said as he broke the silence.
"Yeah it is." Star said. "You've changed Nothing."
"Well.." Ace chuckled a bit. "I cant can I?"
"Fair point." Star said as she cracked a smile as well. "So what brings you here?" She asked.
"Well. Long story short. Your daughter almost killed me with a laser beam and i recognized her wand." Ace said as he looked at Luna. She on her turn looked down and moved with her foot a bit. "Sorry..."
"Almost killed?" Star repeated startled.
"I told you to be careful!" Nova said from a distance to Luna.
"I know and I am sorry." Luna responded to her mother. "I didnt payed attention to what I was doing." Luna felt guilty for what she did.
"Anyway girls." Ace said as he turned around. "I hope this is enough evidence for both of you but I have to go now. I have a mission to fulfill." He grabbed his dimensional scissors and opened up a portal.
"Wait what? Explain." Luna said as she rushed to Ace with the biggest smile she could ever had in her life. "Well. I need to find a relic that can lift my curse." He explained his situation again.
"Maybe we can help? Right Nova?" Luna turned to Nova.
"Wow wow wow, wait a second, why are you dragging me into this?"
"Well?" Ace turned to Star. She nodded back as she smiled.
"Sounds great. A little bit of company cant hurt right?"
Luna smiled from ear to ear as she grabbed her stuff and grabbed Nova by her hand. "Lets go then!"
"Hey wait a second! I never agreed to this-" Before she could finish her sentence she was dragged into the portal. Ace looked at Star one more time. "I will watch over the two. Dont worry." He said to Star in a calm voice. "I wont." Star responded. She knew Ace and she knew her daughter and her friend are in good hands.
This is how the adventures of Ace, Luna and Nova began.