S.1, Ep.3: Rift Of Shadows

As the three enter the new dimension both Ace and Nova sense something odd.

"You never know to what dimension you're going to?" Nova asked Ace while she looked around. "Well.. No." Ace responded cold as he didn't payed attention to her.

The atmosphere was cold and dark and the vibe was anything but comfy. Luna was excited to be in a new dimension as she was never here before. She ran around exploring every new thing she saw. Ace got his magic orb. A special weapon that can be used with magic to fight enemies. Nova got her crossbow to anticipate to any danger coming in. Ace looked at Nova. "You've been here before?" He asked while looking at the crossbow.

"Mhmm." Nova responded cold. "No good memories I can tell you."

"I agree." He said as he looked around.

Luna wandered of a bit when she saw a creature walking around.

"Hello cutie. What are you?" She said as she approached the creature. The creature didn't really liked Luna's approach and stepped back hissing at her.

"Luna no!" Nova said loud but before she could aim the creature started attacking Luna. It dashed to Luna with his large nails and tried to hit her. Luna felt to the ground. "Aaaa!" She screamed as she was surprised by the creatures sudden attack. Its claws were dark and its nails were both white and red. Perhaps because of all the blood it was stained on it. Before it could hit Luna an orb hit the creature leaving a faint electric trail. It was Ace his orb. He looked ready to strike again. "Nova, shoot!" He shouted as he glanced over his side to her.

Nova nodded and took aim. When the creature stood up she pulled the trigger and shot the creature. It screamed as it dashed back to oversee the situation.

Meanwhile Luna made her way back to the two. She had a small scratch on her arm due to her fall but that was all. Ace attacked again with his orb when Nova readied another arrow. Before he could strike again a loud bang was heard and the creature dropped to the ground.

Ace and Nova looked at each other confused. "Is it... dead?" Nova asked while looking at the creature. "No idea. But that sound, it is familiar." Ace responded as he looked around.

"What was that?" Luna asked as she sounded scared and relieved at the same time.

"A hellhound." Ace said calm as he looked around to identify the direction of the loud bang. He noticed Nova also looking around. "Better stay close Luna." She said. "This is not an happy place to be."

"Why here then?" Luna asked herself. She looked at Ace. 'Why did you open this specific dimension?' She thought.

Ace walked up front. "Let's go.Better not stay in the same place for to long. It will be dark soon." He pointed to the two moons starting to rise.

Both Luna and Nova nodded and followed Ace.

After a while the arrived at a forest. "Maybe it's a good idea to settle here for the night." Nova said cautiously.

"I agree." Ace said as he scanned the area. "Keep your eyes open." He said to the girls.

Luna nodded. "Let me get some firewood." She said as she started collecting some small logs.

Nova was making a makeshift shelter to sleep in tonight but she didnt let her guard down.

Ace looked around and noticed a figure in the distant. He looked at it as he slowly got to Nova. "Look, over there." He said slowly without braking contact with the figure.

Without looking up Nova nodded. "I already noticed her at the fight earlier. Some kind of cat girl thing I think."

'Cat girl? Hmm.' Ace thought as he saw the figure walk away.

The trio settled for the night but it didnt last long as they were interrupted by a howl. "Wolves?" Luna asked when she stepped outside. Ace was already out with his orb. "Yes, be careful."

A pack of wolves slowly made their way to the trio.

'Shoot!' Luna thought when she grabbed her wand. Ace and Nova were battle ready and looking for a way to either attack or defend.

Suddenly the loud bang was heard again but this time it nearly missed the wolf making it back off a few steps. Ace saw his change and sends his orb to hit the wolf with a direct hit. The electric sparkles came of the wolf at the moment of impact and the other wolves started attacking as well.

Nova noticed the figure again and this time she had actual contact with her. The girl nodded to her as she dashed into the trees. 'Hmm...' She thought as she focused back to the wolves.

Nova was surprised she didn't attacked her and shot another wolf. After a couple of minutes the other wolves fled into the woods.

"Dang. Close call. Everyone alright?" Nova asked as she looked at both Ace and Luna.

"I am fine Nova." Luna said relieved.

"I've been better." Ace said in a small sarcastic tone. He stood up and looked up. "You saw what I saw right?" Ace asked Nova. He was mentioning the girl that went up in the trees.

"Yeah. Weird she didnt attacked me." Nova responded.

Suddenly the girl dropped down in the middle of the three. Aaa! Luna got scared and stepped back. Nova immediately aimed her crossbow at the girl. "Any move and I shoot." She said in a aggressive tone.

Ace looked at the girl and didn't reacted to Nova. "I knew it was you." He said in a calm voice. "Stand down Nova. Its alright. I know her." He said and he chuckled a bit. "Next time dont scare us like this again okay, Nats?"

Nova looked at the girl. She had Pink wavy hair and a green backpack. She was carrying a old hunting rifle and was wearing a dark green shirt with a black jacket and blue jeans. Her blue eyes looked at both Nova and Ace. "Sorry Acey. Let me introduce myself. Natalie Viren. Citizen of Mirage. A city on the other side of the forest. I heard the Hellhound and I noticed the three of you there."

"You killed that Hellhound with your rifle?" Nova asked Natalie.

"Yeah. A single good shot can kill them almost instantly. Just aim for the eyes. You can do it with your crossbow as well. I can see you are experienced with that." Natalie smiled as she pointed at the crossbow.

Luna stood up. "Nats?" She asked Ace a bit confused.

"Its a nickname. I call her Nats she calls me Acey sometimes." He chuckled and scratched the back of his head.

"What brings you here then?" Nova asked bringing her in an defensive position again.

"Well. At first I came for Ace." Nats turned to him. "I know its been a while but I need your help. The demons are attacking the city."

'Shoot.' Ace thought. "Demons again?"He asked a bit sarcastically.

'Demons?' Luna was thinking while she inspected the girl.

"Maybe we can help?" Nova suggested looking at Ace.

"Sounds good. Luna?" Ace responded and looked at Luna.

"I am willing to help." Luna said as she grabbed her wand.

"Thank you all." Nats said as she grabbed her rifle. "Follow me then."