Prologue: Two Worlds Converge

(Meme was made by me. Actually, it's my first meme I've ever made. Anyways, enjoy.)

(A/N#1: Full disclosure, Jason is a captain during the battle while Nelson is a 1st Lieutenant. They will be promoted to their current ranks in their bio later on.)

(A/N#2: Also, shout out to Kythsunenyko for letting me use some of his stuff for the story.)

--------------------------------------------------------

Brussels, Belgium

March 17th, 2035

7:49am, Central European Time

3rd Person POV

It was a normal day in the City of Brussels. Everyone is rushing to work, tourists roaming around the city, the usual. The only thing that is unusual is the two Marines walking in the city. One is from the United States Marine Corps, and the other is from one of the US' Asian allies: The United Republics of Southeast Asia. The American Marine has dark brown hair, natural beige skin, and striking blue eyes; while the Southeast Asian Marine has black hair, hazel brown eyes, and almond brown skin. Their names are Jason Emile Hayes (US Marine) and Nelson Toshiaki Halsey (Southeast Asian Marine). Both Marines are headed for the headquarters of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization, also known as NATO. Why, you may ask? For Jason, it's because he's part of the security department for the headquarters. As for Nelson, he's part of the security detail of URSEA's delegates and representatives currently present in NATO HQ. Both men met a few weeks ago, and immediately had a brotherly bond as they both have a lot in common. While on the way there, Jason decided to have some small talk with Nelson.

Jason: Hey. Nelson.

Nelson: Yeah?

Jason: Are you an anime fan?

Nelson: Of course, I am. Just not a very passionate one. How about you?

Jason: I'm also an anime fan. My favorite types of anime are Isekai, Action-adventure, even some Romance and Slice of life anime.

Nelson chuckles as the genres that Jason likes are also the same ones he likes. The only difference is that he also likes Mystery and Sports anime.

Nelson: Me too, my friend. Me too.

Both of them share a laugh as they make their way to NATO HQ. As the Marine duo reach the Rue de la Fusée, the road where their destination is, a large, gate-like structure appears on the other side of the road. Everyone in the area grabbed their phones to either record the event or call the police. The Marine duo started to suspect that something was wrong. A few minutes later, the police started arriving as they guide everyone near the structure away. SWAT units began arriving as some police officers started using their armored vehicles as makeshift barricades for the SWAT officers.

Jason: Bad feeling?

Nelson only nodded as both marines grabbed their guns: Two SIG Sauer M18 pistols for Jason; and two Glock 17s for Nelson. A few minutes later, a very large army walks out of the structure. In front of it was a man with a full helmet and wearing both armor and a coat that resembles those from Russia. The man then starts speaking in a really deep and authoritative voice.