Chapter 3: A Corrupted Dragon; Meeting The Knights; Legend Of The Ghost

Outskirts of Mondstadt City, Mondstadt, Teyvat

August 29th, 2035/2000 AAW

3rd Person POV

It's been 15 minutes since the 20th Recon Team had dealt with the Hilichurl camp alongside Amber, the Outrider for the Knights of Favonius. When she saw they're truly capable of, she doubts whether to trust them or not. Right now, they're all headed towards the city of Mondstadt. It was silent on the way to the city, unless you count the sounds of the engines and tracks/wheels as sounds. Amber finally decided to break the awkward silence.

Amber: So...

Jason: Yeah?

Amber: What brings you here to Mondstadt?

Marigold: We can't say. It's a secret we vow to never tell. (In other words, it's classified)

Amber: Oh. I understand.

The 13-person team is nearing the City of Mondstadt. Before crossing the bridge, the three vehicles stopped in a hidden location as all of its occupants exited their respective vehicles, armed with their respective loadouts. Once they arrived beside the team, Amber got spooked by their sudden appearance. Jason calms her down, saying that they're all part of their group. She nods, but is skeptical about their appearances. A few minutes later, both Amber and the 20th Recon Team have now entered the city of Mondstadt.

Mondstadt City, Mondstadt, Teyvat

August 29th, 2035/2000 AAW

The city of Mondstadt was a beautiful and lively city with infrastructure that resembles Central and Western European buildings, mainly that from Germany. There's activity across the city, but not as much. Their culture is very reminiscent of Germanic culture. All members of the 20th Recon Team were impressed at the landscape. Amber turned around and welcomed the team into the city.

Amber: Let me officially introduce the city of wind, dandelions, and freedom--

20th Recon Team: (That's a huge cap right there.)

Amber: Travelers under the protection of the Knights of Favonius -- Welcome to Mondstadt!

Paimon, who sighed and looked at Lumine, excitedly said.

Paimon: Finally, no more having to camp outdoors!

The eyes of the three commanders twitched as they looked at Paimon with glaring daggers.

Jason/Anthony/Nelson: Try sleeping on an active warzone, rations. Us soldiers and marines had to keep our guards up, even when we're asleep. If we let our guard down, even for just a second, that guarantees our death.