▪︎A day alone▪︎

While also somewhat hoping it never came.
______________________________________

The morning came just as fast as ennoshita had fallen asleep. But what didn't leave was the sick feeling that came with what he had done only two hours ago.

"Chikara!!" His mother shouted from down the hall, "it's time to get up!"

Ennoshita forced his eyes open, but they stayed lidded as he was too tired to  fully open them. His hand wasn't as sticky as it was before he fell asleep, but it still felt sickening.

He sat up, going to rub his eyes before stopping. He looked down at his hands, and then used his other to rub his eyes. He slowly stretched out, letting out a slow yawn as he attempted to fully wake up.

"Chikara!" Shouted his mother once more.

Ennoshita let out a groan in response, trying to make it loud enough for his mom to hear. He scanned his room, then noticing his underwear still on his floor.

He gets up, gently picking up his underwear, slowly sliding them up his legs, letting the oversized shirt fall over. He brushed his shirt a little, staring down at the little bit of design he could see. It was still his dad's, a band shirt from his day.

The door to his room suddenly opened, making him jump and look over at the door. He grabbed the side of his shirt, and hid his hand with his shirt. His mom stepped into his room, glaring at ennoshita.

"Chikara, I've been yelling at you for ten minutes." She says, sounding annoyed, but more frustrated than anything.

Ennoshita quietly nodded, staring down at the ground before gagging a little. "Mom, I don't feel too well.." he said quietly, playing with the rem of his shirt.

"What's wrong?" She asked, getting concerned and moving towards him. She stopped for a second, taking a look at him. Ennoshita was already flustered, making his lie just slightly more believable.

"Do you think you need to stay home?" She asked, almost a little annoyed as she assumed what the answer would be. As much as she cared for her child's health, she cared for his education. But, as much as she does, one is clearly more important than the other.

Ennoshita quietly nodded, trying to look as sick as possible. His mother sighed, and nodded along with him.

"Okay.." she said quietly, before turning to the door. "I'll call in, but you'll have to stay home by yourself, I don't have any sick days left!" She called out as she made her way down the hall, leaving ennoshita in his room.

He stood still for a while, feeling awkward and not sure what to do. He eventually walked over to his bed, and sat back down on his bed. He didn't have to go to school, but then what was he supposed to do? He didn't really miss school that often, despite how he acted. He was still average, despite all his efforts not to be.

The house was rather quiet, despite the soft sounds of shuffling downstairs coming from his mom. His dad was already at work, so it was only his mom. He heard the door open, and a quick "rest up!" from his mom, and the door shut.

He was completely alone again. It felt worse than being around so many people who ignored him. It was a whole other level of lonely, one that stung even more.