Curse Womb Must Die Part 2

Your POV

Sukuna warped out of the building, and I followed close behind.

"Yeah, sorry, but... He isn't going to be coming back." I grabbed Megumi's arm and pulled him behind me. I wasn't in that curse's domain anymore, so I could use my infinity. "There's no reason to be scared, I'm in such a great mood right now. Let's just chat for a bit."

I narrowed my eyes at the curse as I stood protectively in front of Megumi, conjuring a scythe in my hands just in case.

"The kid had it coming for just using me without making any kind of a deal," Sukuna continued, "And now it feels like he's having some trouble switching back. But then no matter what he did, this would've ended up the same." He ripped Itadori's uniform shirt off, revealing the markings on his torso. "So, I've been thinking about the different ways I can do this!"

My eyes widened as I watched Sukuna plunge his hand into Itadori's chest. Blood leaked from his mouth and the hole in his chest. "What are you doing?" Megumi spoke.

"Stop it! Don't do this!" I pleaded. But the curse merely smirked at me as he ripped Itadori's heart from his chest.

He held it in his hand as it continued to beat. "I'm taking this brat hostage."

"What do you mean?" Megumi asked desperately.

"It's simple," Sukuna replied, "See, I can live without this, but that ain't true for your punk friend." He tossed the heart into the grass beside us as the rain beat down on the ground. "Switching out with me means he dies. Oh, and also... For good measure." Sukuna ate the finger from the special grade curse. "And with that, I'm now as free as a bird. And now you can be frightened, because... I'm about to kill you just for the hell of it."

Megumi mumbled under his breath, "And just like that... our positions are now reversed."

I tightened my grip on the wine-colored scythe in my hands, "No. I won't let you kill anyone. You may not get it, but I do. Itadori is coming back, even if that means he'll die."

"That's just who he is," Megumi added as he also took a battle stance.

"You give him too much credit," Sukuna replied, "He's just a little tougher and a whole lot denser that other human beings are. You should've seen him a minute ago." He wiped the blood from his lips as he smiled tauntingly, "He was scared out of his mind and about to lose it. All he could think about were his regrets and how he was so scared that his friend wasn't going to be able to protect him. So, it's obvious that the guy doesn't have the guts to kill himself!"

I glanced over at Megumi, both of us nodding. We had the same idea. Since Sukuna was only incarnated and not in his true form, he was weakened without a heart. We just had to convince him that he couldn't beat us without one. Then, he'd heal Itadori before he took over again.

The only question in my mind was whether or not I would be able to do that without losing control. I would have to if I wanted to keep everyone safe.

Megumi summoned Nue as I dropped my scythe. "Cursed Technique: Cursed Kunai."

A teal Kunai appeared in each of my hands. I threw them purposefully at Sukuna, eyes narrowed malice. The curse merely smiled and stepped to the side, dodging the kunai, saying, "It feels so good to be back outside again! Let's use all this open space!"

I smirked, mumbling under my breath, "Cursed Technique: Fated Impact." Sukuna tilted his head, not sure what I found so amusing. I stared back triumphantly as the two kunai turned midair and homed in on the curse.

Unfortunately, he sensed them and moved out of the way, not before they sliced his arm though. They faded away, having made contact with the target.

While this was happening, Megumi summoned Nue. My friend gave me a look, and I nodded, immediately knowing what he meant. Together, we charged at Sukuna, both of us trying to land attacks on him. He dodged Megumi's with ease, smirking smugly as he did.