Chapter 8 - His Plan

I sat on my bed, legs crossed, back against the wall. Thinking. I simply stared at my open journal, pencil in hand, my gaze as blank as the page. I still couldn't understand what had happened yesterday.

You really don't know how incredible this is, Wesker's words echoed, reverberating off of the walls of my skull.

I knew this line all too well; I revisited the scene in my head time and time again, trying to comprehend what he wanted. I simply couldn't grasp why he was such a terrible person, yet treated me with more respect than others. And now he's making moves on me?

Frustrated, I finally shut my journal and placed it under the pillow. Before I hid it away, I paused, and pulled it back out, quickly reviewing the plan I had made earlier in order to kill him and escape. Okay, I thought, what he wants doesn't matter. Simply follow the plan and get the hell out.

Taking a deep breath to calm myself, I returned the notebook under my pillow, and I flopped down onto it, ready for another nap. I tried brainstorming more steps to my plan, such as the place I could escape. My first thought was the outdoor area I was permitted to visit. There's a glass dome over the top, and I thought I briefly remembered Wesker explaining that it is nearly impossible to break. That won't do. My second thought was the underground garage entrance we traveled through when I was first brought here. I didn't know the way to it, but that was my best bet.

As I developed my plan further, I sat up to write it into my journal, but there was footsteps outside my door. The metal hinges creaked as it opened, and Wesker was standing in the doorway, holding that same tablet I've been seeing him use every now and then. 

I stiffened, immediately triggered by his presence. Since his intentions towards me were still foggy, I remained calm yet defensive. Honestly, I was a bit afraid.

Wesker looked up from the tablet and gave me a smirk. "Y/N, I've been meaning to show you something."

What? That's all he has to say? After yesterday?

Struggling to respond, I replied, "What is it?"

At that, Wesker's smirk grew, and he appeared to be rather excited. He glanced down at the tablet as he strode over to where I sat on the bed. "As you know, I've been training you for a plan I wish to carry out in order to develop a new world," he began. "However, there are several pieces to this plan besides you and Uroboros. Come with me."

Strangely, he held out his hand, meaning I should take it. I hesitated for a moment, but then realized I'd rather have him trust me so I could make my escape more effectively. Reluctantly, I took hold of it, and stood up. He led me out of the room and down a hallway that went in a new direction I hadn't been to. Wesker occasionally looked down at his tablet and tapped buttons, but I didn't understand what they meant.

As we walked, it was silent, and I felt awkward clutching his hand. It made me feel like a child to be led along by Wesker, who was much taller than I.

As if he noticed my discomfort, Wesker spoke, "Megan's family held a funeral a few days ago." As if that would comfort me.

"Oh," was all I replied with, staring at my feet as we walked along.

"Does that upset you?" Wesker asked me, leaning over a bit to try and read my face.

"No," I quickly replied. "I'm glad they got the closure they deserved."

"They are not aware that it was Uroboros that caused it," Wesker explained, standing straight again. "I simply told them--"

I surprised myself by interrupting him, squeezing his hand angrily. "It wasn't Uroboros. It was me," I snapped.