🐈‍⬛Chapter 2🐈‍⬛

NRC: Ramshackle dorm

"Are you serious?..." - right now you were standing in front of an abandoned-looking building with Crowley and Grim in your arms. There were broken walls and a porch, broken windows, weeds all around and a lot of cobwebs.

"Isn't it delightful? Right, scoot inside now. There you go." - Crowley pushed you from behind and led you inside.

Ramshackle dorm: lounge

There were a lot more cobwebs and dust inside, furniture was overturned and broken, and rain was dripping from the roof.

"This should keep the elements at bay for the time being. Now, I should return to my research. Do try to find some way to busy yourself. But don't let me catch you wandering the campus! Ta!" - with these words, headmage ran away and left you alone.

"He just like Toshinori...' - a thought flashed through your head.
"Mgh!...let me...go!" - Grim woke up because of the rain and again began to squirm and struggle in your scarf.

When you finally let him go, cat fell not very gracefully onto the floor and tried to catch his breath.
"How dare you...! *Sigh* Idiot human!...*Sigh*" - he lay on the ground for some time.

"I WILL BECOME A GREAT!" - He stood up abruptly and pouted.
"Why do you even want to study here?" - you suddenly asked him a question.

"Isn't it obvious? I was born to do this! I'm a magical prodigy who's got the makin's to become one of the greatest mages who ever lived! So I've been waitin' and waitin' for that black carriage to come for me. And yet...Hrmph! That Dark Mirror's got no eye for talent!" - he crossed his paws and proudly turned away from you.

'Reminds of Bakugo a little...' - you looked at him silently for a while, but then reached out your hand and stroked him.
"Maybe your time hasn't come yet. But even so, you shouldn't just sit and wait. If you haven't been taken yet, then you have to become stronger."

He looked at you.
"But I’m already strong! Have you forgotten what I did during the ceremony?!" - Grim stamped his foot.

"How could anyone forget this?...But with just strength alone, you will not become a he- student at this school. You lack precision, endurance and physical strength." - you firmly stated and this made Grim pout even more, because you are partly right.

"Shut up, dumbass! You're just underestimating me! Great Grim doesn't need advice from a human like you!" - the cat began to shout at you, but a drop of water fell from the ceiling and made him shut up.

"Mrrao! I'm getting dripped on here!" - he screamed and moved towards the fireplace, but the water got him there too.

"Bwah! Another hole in the roof! These flamin' ears are like my trademark, y'know? I can't let 'em get done!" - Grim ran to you and hid behind your feet.

You looked at the ceiling for a while before heading deeper into the dusty dorm.
"Where do you think you’re going?" - the cat crossed his paws.

"Look for a bucket." - you answered directly.
"I dunno why you don't just magic those holes away. You could have it fixed in half a jiff. Ahhh, right. You can't use magic at all. Pffft, man you're useless." - Grim began to laugh, but you ignored him and walked away.

Ramshackle dorm: hallway

'It's unlikely that there's anything really useful here.' - you thought as you looked around the rooms, but so far you only found mountains of dust and scattered furniture.

'What even happened to this place?' - you came out of one of the bedrooms and looked around when you heard a strange noise.

"Yee hee hee..." - quiet laughter could be heard next to you, but there was no one around.
You tensed up and readied your scarf for attack.