🌹Chapter 6🌹

Ramshackle dorm: your room

*Knock* *Knock*

You woke up quietly and looked around. No, you're still here.
"Myaaah...Hey Y/n...I know it's the middle of the night, but I think we've got a visitor." - Grim, who slept next to you, yawned.

*Knock* *Knock* *Knock*

Now you have finally woken up and stood up. You are no stranger to getting up at night; sometimes you have not gone to bed at all for several days.
"Maybe it's those sandy ghosts again? They just don't know when to quit." - the cat frowned.

"Anyone but Crowley." - you prayed quietly and walked out of the bedroom while Grim slowly followed behind you.

Ramshackle dorm: entry hall

You were approaching the door when the knocking began to get stronger and more insistent.

Opened the door sharply and looked warily at the uninvited guest, who shuddered.
"Why aren't you sleeping, problem child?"
"Hey! What's with that name? You sound like a tired parent." - he commented.

"Why are you here?" - you sighed tiredly.
"Ace? It's the middle of the night!" - Grim, who finally caught up with you, looked at the student. - "B-bwah! That collar!" - he pointed his paw at the collar that hung on the freshman’s neck.

"I can't go back to Heartslabyul House. I'm joining your dorm. For good." - he pouted and crossed his arms.
"Myah?! Come again?!"

"It's a long story, so, are you going to let me in or?" - ginger looked at you, silently begging.

Timeskip

Ramshackle dorm: lounge

"I'd recognize that collar anywhere. It's the same one that psycho stuck on me at orientation! What'd you do to get shackled with that?" - Grim sat on the couch between you and Ace.

The freshman took a deep breath.
"I ate a tart."

"...Is this some kind of joke?"
"Yeah, that's it! That's all I did! I was a little hungry, see, so I went down to the dorm kitchen and found some tarts in the refrigerator. Three whole tarts! Big ones, too!" - he began to be indignant, after which he explained to you how he was caught by their housewarden.

"And...here I am." - He finished the explanation.
"...So...The point is you're both terrible?" - Grim asked, not shocked.

"You don't think that it's insane for my magic to get sealed away for eating ONE slice of tart?! For a mage, that's like having your arms and legs bound and shackled! And there were three whole tarts! THREE! It's not like he could eat 'em all himself! C'mon Y/n, you KNOW this is messed up!" - ginger turned to you.

"Fair enough, I think." - you answered monotonously.
"You too?!" - he screamed indignantly.

"Did you like it if your food was eaten?"
"Ugh, are we in kindergarten?"
"I'd rather have a kindergarten than a huge college with troubled teenagers."

"Hey, you know, if there were three of 'em, they were probably for a party. Maybe it was someone's birthday or somethin'? Lookit that! I'm, like, a master detective too!" - Grim brought you back to the main topic of conversation.
"A birthday party, huh...?" - Ace looked away.

"Did you even apologize?"
"Man...I thought you'd be more sympathetic! I'm a victim of the housewarden's tyranny here!" - he frowned and moaned like an offended child.

"Stealing food is an offence." - you raised an eyebrow, looking at him.
"Aw, you gotta be kiddin' me!"

"Tomorrow, go and apologize."
"You don't go messin' with another man's meal...Hey, wait a minute! I just realized I never got those cans of tuna the headmage promised me!" - Grim crossed his paws and frowned.