76. Woe

**The Next Day**
February 11, 2024
Friday
10: 18 a.m

G I O V A N N I

"Mi head a hurt meeee..." Zeniyah cries while holding unto the hem of my shirt.

A cyah waah big oman dis a rass.

"Eat something den nuh b, so yuh can tek di pill dem." I try to reason with her but she shakes her head stubbornly.

From she wake, mi a try tell har fi eat but she nuh waah listen.

"Di headache jus ago get worse, b." I felt my shirt getting wet and I sighed to myself before picking her up to go downstairs.

Zeniyah know she cyah manage excessive alcohol but last night all me a tell har fi easy, she claim seh she a big oman and can manage har liquor... Now see di same big oman a bawl like pitney.

See oman... if yuh nuh careful, dem stress yuh and kill yuh off to bloodclaat.

I sat her down on the barstool and walked over to the fridge, where I took out the strawberry jam before walking over to pantry for the bread.

When I was finished making the sandwich, I slid the plate over to her. "Eat." I simply say to her as I waited on her to follow my instructions.

She looked up at me with a look of disapproval but I raised my brows at her, challenging her to say something. She sighed and took up the sandwich and I watched as she took a bite.

Have sense man...

I took the liberty to make her some tea, even though I knew she hated it, it was what was best for her right now.

Cyah have har a bawl fi gas too.

"Drink this." I said while placing a teaspoon in the cup.

"Yuh nuh love mi enu..." She whined and I chose not to answer.

Mi know a try she a try fi have har owna way but mi nah mek she get it.

Not today, at at least.

While I washed the plate and the knife along with the other stuff I used, I heard Zeniyah release a loud belch and I couldn't help but shake my head.

Need fi mek har drink tea more often before she get gastroenteritis.

Cyah tek dah bawling ting deh a mi ears at all.

"Feel better now?" I asked her.

"Nuh seh nothing to mi."

After I finished cleaning my area, I made way upstairs to get the pills.

"Can you bring my phone when you're coming back!" I hear her yell while I'm ascending the stairs.

Nuh she just seh she nuh inna nuh chattingz wid me??

Being the good man that I am, when I enter the bedroom, I take up the medication along with her phone.

I'm such a good person, aren't I?

As I'm about to exit the room, I realize that I haven't checked neither of my phones from last night.

Fridays are one of the most busiest days out of the week for me and here I am acting like I don't have a whole ass empire to run along with many other things.