61. Gifts and Surprises

Z E N I Y A H

November 19, 2023
Friday
9:00 a.m

It was finally my man's birthday and to say I was excited would be a big understatement.

Today Gio would be turning a new leaf and what made it even more special, he was doing it with me.

I got up early so I could make him breakfast. I made sure to remain as quiet as I could, knowing that Gio was a light sleeper and also because him inquisitive bhadd.

Wanting to bring back memories. I made the same thing I did the first time I cooked for him, well, when I thought he left me after we were bonding only to realize that he went to get somethings from his house.

When I entered the room, I placed the food on the bed bench before approaching a sleeping Gio.

"Wake up" I say in a sing song voice as I lather him with kisses.

When I realize that he finally woke up I return to the platter of food.

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you. Happy birthday big buddy Gio. Happy birthday to you." I sang while approaching him, he was now sitting up in the bed with a smile on his face as he watched me.

Even though the happy birthday song was corny as fuck to me I put my personal feeling for it aside, my main focus being Gio and ensuring that he enjoyed his day to the fullest.

When I placed his food on his lap he gives me a peck and I knew he only did that because he just woke up and had morning breath.

"Thanks, mami..." He says without looking down at the food, still looking at me.

"Eat yuh food." He finally looks down at the food and a bigger smile than the one he had before appears on his face.

"First meal yuh eva cook fimi." He says reminiscently. "If mi love yuh one more time."

While he ate I went back downstairs to fetch his first gifts.

By the time I was through and came back upstairs, Gio was finished eating. He wasn't in bed though but I took that time to arrange his gifts on the bed.

I figured he was brushing his teeth and so on. I could tell he wanted to do that before he ate but he knew better than to argue with me on that matter.

Birthday boy or not. Mi nah allow him fi leave him food fi it cold.

"Babe, hurry up..." I shouted once I was through and got tired of waiting on him.

Shortly after the bathroom door opens and he smiles when he sees the gifts on the bed.

"Starting off slight." I say with confidence, already knowing that this was nothing compared to what I had in store for him.

"Which one should I open first?" He asked and I shrugged my shoulders, "anyone you want..." I said but quickly changed my mind when I realized which one he was headed for.

"On second thought. That one." I pointed and he chuckles before picking it up. "Be careful." I warned, he nods his head and handles it with more caution before opening the box.