Chapter 3- The Triplets

Chris sat on the floor, his face deep in thought as the rest stayed behind at the room; Colby was on a call apparently explaining the situation to their agents, while Nick was changing their plane tickets for another day.

Matt was left on the bed to rest to recover his energy, having passed out after the group conversation.

Chris closed his eyes; it was hard to think all of this was happening, they have had an amazing ghost hunting experience when they were recording, why is this happening now?

And yet... there had been signs, Sam and Colby had said so: the ghosts had targeted Matt the moment they started answering to him more than the rest of them.

Chris sighed as he tried to fight back the tears that were threatening to fall:

Why Matt? Why his brother? Why not him?

Of the three brothers, Matt is usually the one that insists on not fighting, on staying neutral while he and Nick fought and complained, why were the spirits now targeting him ?

It isn't fucking fair!

' Chris!'

He glanced up, seeing the long hallway of the fifth floor: no one was there.

Weird, he could swear that he had heard someone calling him, but how?

Nick and Colby were back at room 525, and Sam had left to talk to the hotel to extend their stay, there was no one with him.

' Chris!'

He stood up and glanced back, the voice was clearer this time: It was Matt's.

' Hey Chris!'

"Matt?"

"Who are you talking to, Chris?"

The younger glanced back, seeing Nick looking at him confused.

"Where 's Matt?"- He asked immediately

"Back at the room, Colby's with him"- Nick reassured- "I came looking for you-"

"No Nick, I heard his voice"- Chris said rapidly- "He was-"

'Nick! Chris!'

Both boys glanced back, Nick paling as he recognized the voice;

"Matt?"

'Over here!'

Both boys started to walk to where they heard the voice, they passed Samantha's portrait and they reached the otherside of the rooms, all doors closed except one:

'Nick! Chris!'

"Matt, come out of the room"- Nick ordered, Chris looking at him:

He knew that his older brother didn't believe it was Matt, he was just making sure, he had left Matt back in the room...

'Help me!'

Did he?

"Nick-"

"He's fine, Chris"- Nick held the arm of the younger, stopping him- "I saw him"

'He's got me, Chris!'

"Nick!"

"I saw him, Chris!"- He insisted, pulling him back as he grabbed the younger by his shoulders, trying to get his attention- "They are playing tricks!"

'He's lying!'

"Shut up!"- Nick yelled

'Help me Chris!'