Chapter 6- The Exit

"You know, I was lying"

Matt turned to face his older brother confused.

"About what?"

"At the liar detector test? When I said that I wouldn't risk my life to save you or Chris"- Nick said- "I would do it, I promise"

Matt grinned tenderly

"I know"- He placed his head on Nick's shoulder, kinda expecting the older man to move away and say a snarky remark, but he didn't.

"Nick"

"Hmm?"

"Thank you"

Nick chuckled at that:

"Why? What's gotten into you, Matt?"

"I'm just thanking you!"- He shrugged, hiding his face on Nick's neck

"For what? Hey!"

Matt looked at Nick with tearful eyes and said:

"For always making me feel safe"

//

"...ick! Nick!"

He opened his eyes to see an unknown roof, and a very nice smell...

They were in a hotel room, but not the one at the Driskill.

"Where are we?"- Nick mumbled, seeing Chris looking at him worried and Sam glued to a computer taking notes.

"A hotel a couple of blocks from the Driskill"- Chris answered

"Where's Matt?"

At that Chris looked away, his eyes filling up with tears, and then he looked at Sam, who had stopped typing also glancing away:

"Where is Matt?!"- Nick said, the anxiety coating his tone

"We don't know"- Chris answered, his voice wavering

"What do you mean ' you don't know ?'"- Chris flinched, and Nick felt a bit guilty, but the desperation was horrible, especially when he had seen Matt's horrified expression and the entity by his side.

"Nick, we only found you in the lobby alone and unconscious"- Sam said, his voice trying to be calm- "Matt wasn't there"

"But he was there with me!"- Nick exclaimed urgently as he stood up- "He was with the Gray man, we can't leave him there with that thing!"

Colby entered the room, seeing Nick almost having a panic attack while Chris and Sam were dead silent.

"Nick-"

"We need to go back!"

"I know"- The ghost hunter closed the door, walking toward the triplet- "We will, we won't leave him there"

"But we already did-!"- Nick sobbed unconsolably- "Fuck! I've abandoned him with that fucking spirit-!"

Chris climbed down off the bed and rushed to hug his brother, also breaking down crying.

Colby absolutely despised seeing his friends like this, and he just took a deep breath and left the room, Sam following him.

"Dude, quit blaming yourself"-Sam muttered

"I just... i shouldn't have done this"- Colby said- "I shouldn't have selected that hotel, I shouldn't have brought them here-"

"We shouldn't have done a lot of things, but right now it's not the time to regret them"- Sam said, looking at the dark haired firmly- "Matt is now alone in a hotel filled with portals and an incredibly strong entity that wants to possess him, he needs our help, that's our priority right now"