Chapter 7- The Devil's Den

When Matt opened his eyes, he found himself sitting down on a chair, he had been in such an uncomfortable position that his neck was just in a lot of pain when he moved, so he stood up and noticed that he was inside the vault.

He recognized the mirror (where it was said that Mrs Bridges made it smell like roses sometimes) and the countless drawers where papers and documents were stored.

Matt then walked to where the door was and he pushed over with all his strength he had left but it didn't open, it didn't do any small sound either, so he hit the door and yelled for someone but he knew that he was alone.

Well 'alone'.

He knew that all of this was the entity's doing; he was being 'stored' for later, like something precious that had to be preserved; he was the One Ring, and the Gray Man was Gollum.

Matt then stopped hitting and screaming for someone, if the entity was behind this then it was useless to be wasting his energy: things were going to be done the Gray Man's way and there was no one stopping him, it had been like this since their first encounter.

The boy then kicked the door, letting out a frustrated yell as he slid down onto the floor, the vault was so small that it gave a very claustrophobic sensation but he tried to control it, he couldn't have a panic attack now; not when he didn't know what the Gray Man had in store for him.

He didn't know if this was a trap, or a test: he was alone, so if he wanted to see Nick and Chris again, he had to be ready for anything or anyone.

So with this in mind, it was better if for starters he had something to defend himself with:

He stood back up again and started to rummage over the drawers, documents or the hotel rooms popping over, and over, as well as information of past guests and events turning up here and there, but there was no potential weapon on sight.

Matt closed the last drawer and saw the mirror, his reflection staring back at him with a puzzled expression, imitating his posture. He saw and took the huge directory book that was on top of the drawers and held it to break the mirror.

He was going to cause himself bad luck, but honestly in his defense having a ghost haunting and looking to possess you was already enough.

The reflection in the mirror also did the same; it held the book firmly, but Matt felt that something wasn't right.

The eyes.

His eyes were glaring at him.

He took a step forward, and the reflection did the same, but the expression remained; it glared hatefully at him when Matt was very sure that he was dead scared. (or at least it's what the reflection should be displaying!)

So he lifted the directory quickly and when he was going to throw it, he suddenly felt that he couldn't move his arms.

Come on!

Matt was mentally yelling to every single limb to just move but they wouldn't respond, his legs wouldn't even slide a bit, and his arms were still up and ready to throw the huge book but they were immobile on top of him.

The reflection's dark gaze pierced through him as it smirked.

Challenging him.

'My turn'

The vault door then opened and Matt turned, gaining control of his body again, the directory falling on the floor as he walked carefully to the entrance.

Seeing a pair of dark blue eyes looking at him.

It was Nick.

//