•6•

Zuko woke again for the day with a warm feeling in his body. It felt like how lightning had been coursing through his veins, but without the pain accompanying it this time. It came with a pulsing heat in small waves and it felt invigorating, pushing waves of encouragement through his tired body. He gave a small sigh as he sat up, stretching out and opening the window with a lazy flick of his hand, staring up at the cloudy sky.
"What a day for a coronation..."

Zuko sat in bed, staring out the window as he decided to do a modified meditation session, soaking in the heat that came down in occasional streams upon his flesh and the warmth radiating within himself. He couldn't tell how long he let the world around him fade into a lull until he decided to head to his bathroom. He could start to hear the palace coming to life, preparing for the days events and he wanted to be able to wash on his own. He was still fighting servants away from doing everything for him as if he was a helpless Mooselion cub.

So Zuko got his body off the bed, deciding to deal with the burnt sheets later, wincing at the pops and awkward stretching as he walked to the bath, starting the water. His robes slipped off his body and fell into a silent pile as he carefully stepped into the hot water. A soft sigh slipped from his lips as he sank his full body under water, letting his head fall back against the edge of the time. The warmth soaked into his core, fueling his inner flame to burn a bit brighter in response. Zuko just soaked for a few minutes, relaxing at the serenity of the entire situation. The window across from him was half opened, exposing the mountains in the distance with the stormy looking clouds dangling above them. The steam radiating from the bath itself added little curls in the air, distorting the image for his eyes.

Eventually he managed to draw himself from his own mind, reaching to grab the soaps and shampoo for his hair. He started to scrub his scalp, making a face as the water started to turn a light shade of brown. The soot from the Agni Kai was still clinging to his body as he washed himself, scrubbing harder as he scowled at the water. He eventually was satisfied as he applied the shampoo mixture, relishing in the Fire Lily and Dragon Fruit scent. It brought back memories of a young Zuko, laughing as his mother made bubbles beards on him and Azula. Laughing as he splashed at his sister who was so young and so innocent then. Back before everything went wrong for them. Zulu found a scowl forming on his face as he scrubbed at his scalp more aggressively, taking his mind away from the past.

His ears tuned into the sound of someone opening his bedroom door, taking the time to rinse his head right as a servant knocked on the door

"Fire Prince Zuko? May I enter? I'm here to help you get prepared for the day."

Zuko sighed and pushed his hair back from his face as he leaned back against the tub.
"Yeah sure come in. I'm almost done washing..."

A young beta woman stepped through the door, keeping her eyes on Zukos face as she gave a smile.
"Good morning sir. I'm here to assist you in getting into your robes for the ceremony and anything else you may need."

Zuko squirmed some beneath her stare, glancing at the window.
"Sure yes thank you. What's your name?"

The woman blinked, taking a small step back looking caught off guard.
"I'm sorry sir?"

"Your name. What do I call you?"

"Kimi sir. My name is Kimi."

"Cool nice to meet you. Can you wait in my room Kimi so I can finish washing up? I shouldn't be much longer, but I'm okay to do this myself."

"If those are your orders sir I will go then."
Kimi bowed before hurrying out of the room, closing the door behind her.

Zuko sighed and hung his head again, staring down at the water. It took him a few minutes before he drained the water and dried off, pulling on his bathrobe before heading into his room. He spotted his Ceremonial Kimono hanging near the door where Kimi was sitting on a stool. She stood instantly as he entered the room, chasing his cheeks to flush as Zuko waved his hands at her.
"Please you're fine Kimi."